The key focus of the role of Depot General Operative will be to control both the incoming and outgoing stock and stock levels in the stores area. A full, current and clean driving license is required for this position.
- Adhere to and maintain compliance with all Health and Safety procedures within your work. Ensuring you are responsible for yourself and/or team members working with you.
- Organising and maintaining stores area to a high standard.
- Ensuring compliance of health, safety and welfare in the stores area.
- Organising and recording all incoming and outgoing stock.
- Accountable for reordering of all stock and maintaining minimum stock levels.
- Responsible for loading and unloading of all stock.
- Responsible for delivering stock between depots & crews in the field in a timely manner
- Documentation and compilation of accurate weekly stock reports.
- Answerable for personnel and team members operating in the stores area.
- CSCS accredited for operating a forklift truck.
- Class B driving licence.
- Safe Pass.
- 3 Years industry experience in stock control.
Skills & Competencies (evidence of)
- TechnicalIT skills: Proficient in the use of all Microsoft applications including Word, PowerPoint, Excel etc.
Stock control systems knowledge: SAP systems etc.
- Excellent organisational, interpersonal and communication skills required
- Fluent English speaking.
- Ability to work on own initiative and act independently whilst being able to work successfully as part of a team.
- Flexibility in line with business requirements.
- Ability to represent the company in a professional manner always.
- Responsible and dependable.
- Initiative to take ownership of potential process weaknesses and identify corrective actions.