The Cable Manager is responsible for overseeing the daily activities and production of the Cable gangs and Fibre Splicers for the Virgin Media Network. As a Cable Team Manager, you set the direction for the construction and successful completion of tasks carried out by a team of Cable gangs and Fibre Splicers working on the Virgin Media Contract.
- Adhere to and maintain compliance with all Health and Safety procedures within your work. Ensuring you are responsible for yourself and/or team members who report into you.
- Managing the delivery of Cable/fibre install and activation on a major network build and ensuring that all works completed are tested to verify a quality network is built to the specifications of the client.
- Escalate and resolve fault issues found during the cable pulling / fibre blowing / splicing & testing process.
- Oversee the work load coming from the Civil’s build, ensuring that the cable / fibre blowing and splicing teams complete the works in line with the required programme delivery.
- Lead site supervisors to ensure efficient and effective work completed in line with the programme delivery dates.
- Liaise with other managers on the project to align work streams to ensure flow of work from all teams.
- Co-ordinate with the Client’s Network & Activation Manager ensuring that the handover of completed projects on time.
- Hold weekly and monthly tool box talks with your team to give key updates and any changes if needed, regarding the project at hand.
- Give constructive feedback to your team and provide training and coaching where appropriate.
- Escalate any issues in a timely manner to Senior Management.
- Overall management of the cabling supervisory and operational staff as well as the relationship with the supply chain of subcontractors.
- Ensure program of works and associated plans of work are completed on time, to budget and to the agreed quality targets.
- Minimum 5 years’ experience working on fibre networks
- Minimum 2 years’ experience working on civils and cabling projects
- Fibre splicing & fibre testing experience an advantage
Accreditation (Professional body)
Any other information
- Full Driver License
Skills & Competencies (evidence of)
Excellent analytical with a high standard of numerical skills.
Data Analysis and Reporting.
Proven ability to use MS Office programs and Work Flow Apps.
Strong organizational, interpersonal and communication skills required
- Team Management
- Delegation and Time Management
- Communication and Negotiation
- Extensive knowledge of Health and Safety requirements for working in public areas in multiple sites.
- Broadband cable, broadband technology.
- Experience in managing multi-disciplined teams in a fast-moving testing environment
- Knowledge of utilities including telecommunications a distinct advantage
- Knowledge of contractual requirements