Warehouse Operative is an Operational role that focuses on two distinct elements: As a warehouse operative, working as part of a team in the warehouse in order to ensure we deliver against targets and in conjunction with the Warehouse Manager, be part of the planning, organising and reporting structure that is critical in meeting and delivering against business demands.
- Adhere to and maintain compliance with all Health and Safety procedures within your work. Ensuring you are responsible for yourself and/or team members who report into you.
- Ability to actively operate as part of the stores floor team.
- Managing daily inventory and throughput targets, always ensuring that the business is meeting or exceeding the requirements.
- Where required, be available to deal with problems or queries from internal or external business stake holders.
- Support business initiative, deliver against new requirements and provide assistance to the overall team where required.
- Be available as required for cross functional team initiatives and play an active role in the Warehouse team meetings.
- Answering and resolving inbound call enquiries and demonstrating ownership of customer issues in terms of follow up and escalation of issues.
- Responding to internal and external stakeholder queries, in a professional manner always ensuring issues are dealt with efficiently.
- Assume ownership and responsibility for all KPI’s and ensure strict adherence to Service Level Agreement (SLA).
- Ensuring database and data accuracy across the department is kept current and accurate.
- Maintaining an up to date knowledge of products and procedures to deal with queries efficiently.
- Recommend process improvement and efficiencies where appropriate.
- Drive a forklift
- Knowledge of stock systems, housekeeping duties includes upkeep of yard, warehouse and recycling areas
Second/Third level education preferred but not essential.
Minimum of 6 month’s previous experience working in a busy Warehouse and processing environment.
Skills & Competencies (evidence of)
- TechnicalExcellent literacy, numeric and IT skills including some proficiency in MS Office.
- Excellent organisational, interpersonal and communication skills required: written and verbal communication focus.
Business SkillsProject Management
- Clear systematic approach to business with good problem-solving ability.
- Courteous and friendly professional telephone manner essential.
- Ability to work on own initiative and act independently whilst being able to work successfully as part of a team.
- Flexibility in line with business requirements.Ability to represent the company in a professional manner at all times