Telecoms is an ever growing and exciting international industry. We are seeking to take on Cable Maintenance Technician to join our expanding team. This opportunity will allow you to upskill, learn and develop a career in Telecoms. If you have a technical or operative background, possess a good work ethic and want to build a career in a growing industry get in touch with us.
- Adhere to and maintain compliance with all Health and Safety procedures within your work. Ensuring you are responsible for yourself and/or team members who report into you.
- Installing telecommunications cable and equipment as per training.
- Using field apps to report back on activity and works completed.
- Upskilling and attending various training courses.
- Take due care to prevent loss or damage when working on a Customer’s property.
- Report any accident, incidents or damage that may occur during work.
- Track faults quickly using devices/tools provided and run cables as and when required.
- Light civils work and ladder work required.
- Adhere to all company operating procedures, Health and Safety policies, procedures and guidelines
- Maintain a clean and presentable appearance always.
- 3rd Level Qualification
- Certificate in HVAC, building maintenance technology or relevant field is preferred.
- Proven experience as a Maintenance Technician is an advantage
Skills & Competencies (evidence of)
- Basic understanding of electrical, hydraulic and other systems.
- Knowledge of general maintenance processes and methods.
- Working knowledge of tools, common appliances and devices.
- Manual dexterity and problem-solving skills.
- Excellent organisational, interpersonal and communication skills required
- Problem-Solving Skills: A good technician can identify issues and source information to resolve problems with machines and mechanics quickly.
- Time Management: must be able to plan and execute routine maintenance activities as well as responding to troubleshooting requests and unexpected equipment issues.
- Project Management
- Attention to Detail: allows you to be able to spot issues efficiently and quickly. A malfunction may be caused by one small piece being dislodged and it is your duty to spot that quickly to prevent extended down time.
- Pro-active: carrying out preventive checks and routine inspections must be able to see potential issues, take corrective measures and anticipate ongoing needs. May also be required to keep a stock of spare parts, ordering and replacing as necessary.
- Teamwork: working with other maintenance colleagues, but also be able to work cohesively with personnel on the line in manufacturing facilities, upper management and external maintenance to repair systems that require higher level/product specific workmanship.