The role of the Electrician is to install and maintain Smart Metres and Heating Control Systems on behalf of Prepay Power.
- Adhere to and maintain compliance with all Health and Safety procedures within your work. Ensuring you are responsible for yourself and/or team members who report into you.
- Installation of Smart Metres and Heating Control Systems.
- Upload all details of same on handheld mobile field technology device on completion.
- Day to day dealings with customer queries and explaining system procedures to customers.
- Maintain the highest performance levels according to industry best practice and governing regulations.
- Report all escalations directly to Team manager.
- Adhere to and maintain compliance with all Health and Safety procedures.
- Read blueprints or technical diagrams.
- Inspect electrical components, such as transformers and circuit breakers, identifying electrical problems with a variety of testing devices.
- Perform general electrical maintenance.
- Fully qualified Electrician (City and Guilds or equivalent)
- Valid Verification & Certification qualification (QC number)
- Valid Safe Pass an advantage
Ideally 3-5 years’ domestic experience
Accreditation (Professional body)
Other relevant information
Full Driver’s License
Skills & Competencies (evidence of)
Ability to read understand and comprehend technical/electrical plans and drawings.
Excellent organisational, interpersonal and communication skills required.
- Problem Solving: Both in a team and Independently.
- Time Management
- Project management
- Communication and Negotiation
- Exceptional customer focus with a positive, can-do attitude.
- Ability to work on own initiative and act independently whilst being able to work successfully as part of a team.
- Flexibility in line with business requirements (overtime).
- Attention to Detail.
- Determined and resilient, with the drive to complete tasks.
- Natural decision-maker, able to exercise judgement and take responsibility for the consequences of actions and decisions.