The Materials Manager is responsible to ensure management of materials belonging to both Actavo and their Clients from receipt up to and including issue to the respective Construction Teams.
- To take delivery of all incoming materials whether Actavo’s or their Clients and ensure that all such materials are subjected to quantity and quality verification and that any damage is reported immediately to Actavo Procurement or Actavo’s Clients for further action.
- To segregate all materials by owner and by Project and maintain a warehousing system that tracks the stocks levels segregated by Owner and Project.
- Monitor consumption of all materials and ensure that any re-ordering is undertaken taking the daily consumption and material lead time into account.
- To ensure that an efficient delivery service is provided to all Projects from the warehouse and that all administration associated with stock withdrawals is maintained in the stock control system.
- Monitor the usage of cabling though the Actavo ERP System and ensure that cable reels are issued by work area and all usage is verified as cables leave and re-enter the warehouse.
- Implement a stock return process to retrieve Client’s fibre reels and any other materials where they cannot be used in other work areas. These materials must be brought back the warehouse and returned to the Client.
- Where sub-warehousing is implemented ensure that the stock levels in those areas is also monitored.
- Supply all procurement supply chain required material reports daily, weekly and monthly utilizing the Actavo stock system e.g. daily stock consumption by Project, stock delivery reports for all stock items, stock location reports, cable usage reports and any other that can be reasonably expected.
- Ensure that sufficient qualified resources for unloading, goods receipting and picking materials to feed the Construction Crews and aby of Actavo’s Sub Contractors by Project.
- All warehousing personnel who are operating equipment must have current CPCs as applicable and a log of these along with certification of all equipment and lifting accessories, with expiry dates, should be maintained by the Materials Manager.
- Management of all indoor and outer storage space in an efficient manner ensuring that housekeeping is carried out daily. Where items such as creosote poles for example are concerned that suitable precautions are taken to limit their impact on the environment.
- Maintain a report on any loss, damaged or stolen materials, all of which, should be reported to the relevant Project Director upon discovery.
- Ensure full commitment to the implementation of the Actavo’s EHS and Quality procedures.
- 10 years proven warehouse management
Other relevant information
- Forklift license
- Full, clean driving license
Skills & Competencies (evidence of)
- Excellent literacy, numeric and IT skills including proficiency in MS Office
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills
- Deadline orientated with strong organizational and time management skills
- Ability to represent the company in a professional manner at all times
- Flexibility in line with business requirements