The Project Quality Manager is responsible for developing, implementing and maintaining the quality management processes for the project in line with the Actavo Quality Management System and the client’s requirements. They will ensure there is a system in place for the quality and workmanship of every activity, relating to all parts of the project, including tree trimming, poling, civils & enabling works, cabling, splicing and testing of the newly built fibre network
- Work with management in the development and maintenance of the project specific quality policies and procedures.
- Prepare quality documentation to support the Quality Management System.
- Prepare quality reports as required and communicate formally on quality performance.
- Assessing customer & project requirements and ensuring there is a system in place to meet them.
- Continuous improvement – Identifying areas for improvement and work with the project and wider business in implementing and maintaining.
- Completing gap analysis on customer & business requirements against standards/practices in place.
- Manage a team of quality advisors, schedule and also execute the audit process and ensure KPIs are set and met.
- Track and close any quality issues raised during internal quality audits or by the client during the life cycle of the project.
- Ensuring QA/QC documents are outlined and maintained for each area of the project including certificates, calibration, test results, inspection requests, non-compliance reports and site instruction/observations, materials and other QA/QC documents.
- Preparation of QA/QC documentation to support the handover of the project areas to the client.
- Implement and maintain the programmes in place for inspection and checking of all quality related procedures.
- Implement a monitoring system to ensure all project activities are as per approved standard operating procedures and inspection and test plan.
- Set project quality KPIs for the monitoring programme, and report on these KPIs.
- Maintain the non-conformance register.
- A Quality Qualification or equivalent in any Construction and or Telecommunications related subject or at least 8 years managing projects that had a strong quality focus
Skills & Competencies (evidence of)
- IT skills especially in Microsoft Office & MS Teams
- Good numerical skills and an understanding of statistics
- Proven track record with strong client relationship management
- Experience in managing teams and liaising across multiple operational teams in a fast- paced volume driven environment
- Leadership skills
- Planning and organisation skills
- Problem-solving skills
- Ability to work on own initiative