We are seeking satellite engineers who will work with us as self-employed partners across Ireland. You will be responsible for servicing and installing satellite television on behalf of our client SKY. The successful candidates will work for Actavo installing and maintaining Satellite Television services on behalf of SKY. This is a fantastic opportunity to join a progressive and dynamic Company, installing on behalf of a fast-paced growing business with over 1M customers in Ireland. A full, current driving licence, own van (preferably 5 years old or less) fully taxed, insured and roadworthy and Public Liability and Employer Insurance (if applicable) €10M cover are all required for this position.
- Adhere to and maintain compliance with all Health and Safety procedures within your work. Ensuring you are responsible for yourself and/or team members who report into you.
- Install and service satellite products to a standard set out by the Client.
- Work to achieve Key Performance Indicators (KPI’s) set out by both the Client and Actavo
- Checking signal strength, testing equipment, fixing faults and calculating quotes to install new systems if necessary.
- Surveying a site to plan a job working out where cabling networks will go installing and fixing aerials or satellite dishes.
- Conduct testing of communication equipment and systems.
- Writing and reviewing of status reports.
- Liaise with the Team Manager to ensure that on-site health and safety requirements or issues are communicated in a timely manner.
- Deliver a first-class customer experience Positively promote the brand, through on-site performance.
BSc in electrical or mechanical engineering preferred.
Previous experience in a similar position highly advantageous.
Accreditation (Professional body)
Skills & Competencies (evidence of)
- Good literacy, numeric and IT skills.
- Excellent analytical skills.
- Excellent organisational, interpersonal and communication skills required.
- Problem Solving
- Time Management
- Project Management
- Exceptional customer focus with a positive, can-do attitude.
- Exceptional attention to detail.
- Ability to represent the Actavo and client in a professional manner.
- Flexibility in relation to cover peak periods (overtime).
- Ability to work on own initiative and act independently whilst being able to work successfully as part of a team.
- Must be determined and committed to high quality standards.
- Must be target driven to deliver on KPI’s set by the Client.
Must be able to work at heights.