An EHS/SHEQ (Safety, Health, Environment and Quality) Advisor is a vital component of our business and you will join one of Ireland’s largest ever infrastructure projects. An EHS Advisor is responsible for working with the operational teams to ensure they are applying, maintaining and implementing the safety and environmental management controls and procedures within the Company.
- Adhere to and maintain compliance with all Health and Safety procedures within your work. Ensuring you are responsible for yourself and/or team members who report into you.
- Monitor and support the implementation of the EHS policies and procedures within the Integrated Management System (ISO 45001, ISO 9001, ISO 14001 & ISO 50001) within the region and operational business units.
- Compile and provide SHEQ documentation to support the Integrated Management System, preparing Method Statements, Standard Operating Procedures or any other required documents specific to the contract.
- Prepare and deliver SHEQ training courses including conducting training assessments and conduct SHEQ audits and provide feedback on results.
- Daily/weekly reporting to the Senior SHEQ Advisor, maintaining the various SHEQ registers within the Integrated Management System.
- Conduct incident/accident investigations and prepare reports for internal/external purposes, consistently providing Health & Safety/ SHEQ advice and direction to staff and contractors.
- Prepare Safety & Environmental Plans for various projects in line with client and Actavo’s SLA’s / KPI’s. Provide SHEQ advice and direction to staff and contractors.
- Work with Divisional Management in the development, delivery, implementation and maintenance of Divisional specific SHEQ policies and procedures.
- Ensure the provision of all safety and environmental reports as and when required to the respective departments/areas.
- Conduct safety and environment audits including the management and maintenance of the audit tracker. Compiling statistics and writing reports.
- Daily and weekly reporting to the SHEQ Director and Project Management staff, maintaining the various SHEQ registers within the Integrated Management System.
- Carry out risk assessments and site inspections, ensuring that equipment is installed correctly and safely, identifying potential hazards and determining ways of reducing risks.
- Hold a recognised SHEQ qualification including working towards Chartered Membership status of IOSH.
- Minimum of 3-5 years SHEQ Advisor experience.
- Accreditation (Professional body)
Skills & Competencies (evidence of)
- Excellent literacy, numeric and IT skills including proficiency in Microsoft Office
Data analysis for reports
Full driving license
- Excellent organisational, interpersonal and communication skills required
- Customer Service
- Time Management
- Problem Solving
- Attention to Detail.
- Flexibility in line with business requirements.
- Ability to represent the company in a professional manner at all times.
- Excellent and up to date knowledge on all Health and Safety regulations.
- Comfortable working in a complex, challenging industry.
- Determined and resilient, with the drive to complete tasks.