In conjunction with the Project Team will be the lead person responsible for all aspects related to planning, monitoring and controlling for a given project.
- Adhere to and maintain compliance with all Health and Safety procedures within your work. Ensuring you are responsible for yourself and/or team members who report into you.
- Breaking down the scope of work into smaller manageable tasks per phase, geographically or by discipline
- Develop the Work Breakdown Structure (WBS) to facilitate roll up of the schedule in line with Client requirements or Project Team recommendations.
- In conjunction with the relevant team members will identify the sequencing of tasks, task interdependencies, constraints and resource requirements.
- Compilation of the tasks taking the identified interdependencies, constraints and resources into the project schedule using MS Project/Primavera
- Estimating durations for tasks, 3-point estimates.
- Assigning resources to tasks and developing manpower histograms
- Develop the overall and per discipline “S” curves for monitoring and controlling progress.
- Development of the monitoring systems, such as engineering deliverable register, procurement register, construction measurement system.
- Develop daily, weekly and monthly reporting formats and implement same.
- Development of Progress Measurement procedure
- Development of Invoicing Procedure in conjunction with the Commercial Department
- Implementation of the Risk Management Procedure
- Proactively monitoring the progress on a weekly basis, setting targets for the team for the coming weeks and months.
- Identification of holds or obstacles to progress and highlighting these in a timely fashion.
- Attendance at Risk Management and Construction Workshops.
- Attendance at both internal and Client progress review meetings
- Where subcontractors are utilized conduct reviews with their planning personnel to ensure that their schedule is aligned with the Master schedule and integrate as applicable.
- Monitor the efficiency of the Project Team by analyzing the spent to earned ratio at regular intervals.
- Degree in an engineering discipline.
- Proficient in using MS Project/Primavera
- Proficient in using Microsoft Office Suite.
- 3 years’ experience in project planning
Skills & Competencies (evidence of)
- TechnicalTelecoms experience
- Primavera software
- Ability to work under pressure and to tight deadlines.
- Planning and organisation skills
- Good communication skills.
- Ability to work in a team environment.