As a Senior Bid Manager/Proposals Writer, you will be managing large strategic bids across multiple sectors and markets. You will work closely with operations and the commercial and bidding team to write high quality bid content and you will coordinate the end-to-end bid development process.
- Overall end to end bid management of medium and large-scale opportunities, production of on-time bid submissions including assessment and circulation of documents, scheduling of bid meetings and final production.
- Determine proposal concept by identifying and clarifying opportunities and needs, studying requests for proposal and attending strategy meetings.
- Ability to take technical input from engineering and programme teams and write a clear, concise and professional sales documents which clearly articulate our offering in an easy-to-understand way
- Ability to design, write, edit and check bid documents and experience of responding to Pre-Qualification Tenders
- Liaise closely with all relevant divisions throughout the bid development process to ensure high quality input.
- Work with Operations and SHEQ to understand and write the technical elements of the bid.
- Obtain approvals by reviewing proposal with key providers and project managers.
- Acknowledge and log documents for new Requests for Information (RFIs), Pre-Qualification Questionnaires (PQQs), Requests for Proposal (RFPs) and Invitations to Tender (ITTs).
- Ensure that the bid response is complete, appropriate to the opportunity and results in the best bid possible.
- Maintains quality results by using templates; following proposal-writing standards including readability and consistency.
- Prepare presentation by evaluating text, graphics, and binding and coordinating printing.
- Solicit client feedback on bids to ensure continuous improvement.
- Adhere to all company Health and Safety procedures
- Updates job knowledge by participating in educational opportunities; maintaining personal networks.
- Formal qualification in management or writing desirable but not essential
- 3 to 5 years’ experience in a similar role
- Previous experience of writing in Business to Business commercial documents a plus
- We will also consider strong candidates with a marketing, communications or journalism background.
Accreditation (Professional body)
Skills & Competencies (evidence of)
- Excellent organisational skills and ability to manage multiple bids simultaneously
- Proficient in the use of Microsoft Office packages (Word, Excel, Powerpoint, Visio)
- Excellent organisational, interpersonal and communication skills required
- Ability to represent the Company in a professional manner at all times
- Project Management and Planning
- Time Management
- Strong customer focus & commitment to quality and procedures
- Self-motivated with the ability to work unsupervised.
- Positive and helpful manner combined with the ability to meet deadlines.
- Good Team player
- Ability to deal confidently with internal and external personnel at all levels.