Working as part of the Actavo payroll team to provide an accurate and timely payroll service. The role will be responsible for processing multiple high-volume, in-house payroll for weekly and monthly payrolls within the ROI as well as banking payrolls for multiple jurisdictions within the Caribbean.
- Ensure the accuracy and compliance of each payroll
- Processing of employee deductions, such as union contributions and pension contributions.
- Ensuring tax details are up to date for each employee
- Produce and distribute detailed reports on a weekly basis to each business unit for approval prior to closing payroll
- Ensure that employee changes are entered correctly, made on a timely basis and have support with proper authorization
- Ensure BIK is recorded and charged correctly to employees who have company cars etc.
- Answering Payroll related queries
- Completion of forms on request – loan applications, salary certificates.
- Provide cover for the payroll manager when required.
- Participate in the overall co-ordination and development of the services provided by the team.
- Interaction with third parties such as Revenue, Dept of Social protection and pension providers.
- IPASS Qualified
- 4 + years’ experience in a senior payroll capacity
Skills & Competencies (evidence of)
- Excellent numerical and analytical skills
- Experience in applying concepts for appropriate problem-solving and decision-making
- Strong computer skills, including Excel and other Microsoft Office tools
- Experience in using Core Pay and Core BI would be a significant advantage
- Customer service focused, and solution oriented
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Ability to prioritize and work with a sense of urgency
- A self-starter who can demonstrate relevant hands on experience and competence in the day to day running of a busy payroll function
- Ability to maintain confidentiality and exercise extreme discretion.
Shows initiative, flexibility and follow-through