Architect Technologists work closely with architects and other building professionals, providing architectural design services and solutions on construction projects. They negotiate projects, assessing the needs of clients and users, and agree the project brief. As specialists in the science of architecture, building design and construction, they develop an architectural project and manage the process from conception through to completion. This includes architectural design management, contract management and post-construction work.
- Adhere to and maintain compliance with all Health and Safety procedures within your work. Ensuring you are responsible for yourself and/or team members who report into you.
- Generate accurate and detailed construction, tender and production drawings in both Revit and AutoCAD.
- Ensuring all drawings and details are compliant with client and project specification, Relevant building regulations and design standards and consultant’s requirements.
- Generate and manage technical submittals and registers.
- Co-ordination with M&E consultants design and details, incorporating details into production drawings.
- Product selection and specification for design proposals.
- Liaise with Design Teams to clarify the scope of deliverables.
- Document control to company and ISO standards.
- Maintaining records and preparation of O&M / H&S File at project completion.
- Identifying long lead items and assisting procurement in expediting same.
- Meeting design stage programme dates and attending project meetings as required.
- Liaising with company personnel on a daily basis.
Third level qualification in Architectural Technology.
Minimum 3+ years using Revit and AutoCAD.
Experience in BIM level 2 projects and in technical detailing and material specification.
Good technical knowledge and detail design skills/experience.
Experience in Value Engineering and in Modular Construction an advantage.
Accreditation (Professional body)
Skills & Competencies (evidence of)
- Microsoft Excel, Office, Word and outlook
- Excellent organisational, interpersonal and communication skills in English required.
- Project Management
- Time Management
- Team Management
- Understanding of the Irish building regulations including BCAR.
- Knowledge of the UK Approved Documents an advantage.
- Experience coordinating with building services and structural drawings.
- Ability to work within a team environment and also on own initiative.
- Ability to work to deadlines.
- Attention to detail to produce quality information for use in a production environment.
- Willingness to learn and progress on the job.
- Ability to work on a number of projects concurrently.