The key focus of this role is the overall supervision of a number of enabling & civils site crews carrying out works on telecommunication networks. You will work closely with the Telecoms Network Build Project Manager to ensure tree cutting & hedge trimming, poling, subducting & blockages, new trench work and chambers are all completed by site teams in a safe and timely manner
- Adhere to and maintain compliance with all Health and Safety procedures within your work. Ensuring you are responsible for yourself and/or team members who report into you.
- Working off client job packs and ensuring works are completely safely to time and budget targets.
- Ensuring crews are completing all works to the required Company, Client and local authorities’ standards
- Ensuring crews are in compliance with road opening licenses and in compliance with road works Signing, lighting and guarding.
- Coordinate with the liaison officer and assist with all access requirements to ensure property owners are not negatively impacted by the crew works
- Liaise with the Client’s Site agent regarding site works and sign offs.
- Plan and coordinate the workload to ensure program in line with the required delivery.
- Plan and coordinate accurate ordering of all required materials.
- The Excavation and reinstatement of the public highway for the laying of communication ducting.
- Responsible for the teams’ daily work site progress.
- The timely updating of electronic/paper job packs.
- Liaison with affected third parties where necessary.
- Ensure the correct upkeep & inspections of site plant, vehicles & equipment.
- Compliance with Company/Legislative Health, Safety and Environmental policies.
2-3 years Supervisory experience within civils and general utilities.
Supervisory and management experience with relevant training.
Skills & Competencies (evidence of)
- Computer literate – intermediate knowledge of Microsoft Word and Excel.
- Excellent organisational, interpersonal and communication skills required.
- People and Team Management
- Communication and Negotiation
- Delegation and Time Management
- Problem Solving
- Reliable timekeeping and attendance.
- Ability to work flexible hours and overtime when necessary.
- Flexible to travel as necessary.
- Represent the company in a professional manner at all times.
- Ability to communicate effectively and command respect.