The Fibre Splicing and Activation Supervisor is responsible for overseeing the daily activities and production of the Fibre Splicers and Testers for the network build. As a Fibre Splicing & Testing Supervisor, you will help set the direction for the construction and successful completion of tasks carried out by a team of fibre splicers and testers. You will be the contact point to communicate company targets and goals, safety practices and deadlines to the team.
- Adhere to and maintain compliance with all Health and Safety procedures within your work. Ensuring you are responsible for yourself and/or team members who report into you.
- Ensure all works completed are tested to verify a quality fibre network is built to the specifications of the client.
- Responsibility as a key technical resource with relation to fibre optic splice, test and documentation needs.
- Supervising the delivery of the fibre enclosures install and activation on a major network build.
- Monitor, assign and promote care and maintenance of fibre optic tools and test equipment. Monitor and track calibration dates of test equipment.
- Plan and coordinate the workload coming from the other work streams during the build of the network, ensuring that the splicing and testing teams complete the works, in line with the required programme delivery.
- Preparing and issuing work packs to the project teams in an efficient and timely manner.
- Plan and coordinate accurate ordering of all required materials.
- Liaise with other supervisors on the project to align work streams to ensure flow of work from all teams.
- Escalate and resolve fault issues found during the installation and testing process.
- Liaise with the Client’s Site agent regarding site works and sign offs.
- Hold weekly and monthly toolbox talks with your team to give key updates on the project.
- Perform and coordinate weekly health & safety and quality audits to ensure strict adherence to SOPs and guidelines
- Give constructive feedback to your team and provide training and coaching where appropriate.
- Escalate any issues in a timely manner to Management.
Educated to diploma/certificate Management, Fibre Optic Communications or relevant field equivalent preferred.
- Min 5 years’ experience working on fibre networks
- Min 2 years’ experience fibre splicing & fibre testing
- Experience in supervising multi-disciplined teams in a fast paced volume driven environment
Skills & Competencies (evidence of)
- Excellent analytical with a high standard of numerical skills.
- Proven ability to use MS Office programs and Work Flow Apps.
- Data Analysis and Reporting skills.
- Strong organizational, interpersonal and communication skills required.
- Team Management
- Delegation and Time Management
- Communication and Negotiation
- Knowledge of contractual requirements.
- Extensive knowledge of Health and Safety requirements for working in public areas in multiple sites.
- Proven ability to liaise and communicate with client reps on site and at meetings.