An Operations Manager is key part of the management team and in charge of the company’s performance, productivity, safety measures, quality control, and staff. It is the Operations Manager’s responsibility to take charge of operations, ensure they run smoothly, fix problems, and come up with ways to make things even more efficient. An Operations Manager is responsible for formulating policies, adhere to all safety policies, contract ownership, managing daily operations and KPIs, and P&L responsibility.
1. Adhere to and maintain compliance with all Health and Safety procedures within your work. Ensuring you are responsible for yourself and/or team members who report into you.
2. Direct responsibilities including managing the operations process, embracing design, planning, control, performance improvement, operations strategy and continuous improvement.
3. To ensure that all reporting Field/Team Managers provide a high standard of quality work to our client and their customers while ensuring that any operational shortfalls are escalated to the Divisional Director.
4. Establish and implement departmental policies, goals, objectives, and procedures, conferring with SMT, organisation officials and staff members as necessary.
5. Review financial performance and activity reports and other performance data to measure productivity and goal achievement and to determine areas needing cost reduction and program improvement.
6. Carry out regular audits of staff performance and quality of work to ensure the highest standard of service and workmanship is being achieved.
7. Determine staff requirements, oversee recruitment and selection processes and the training and development of new employees.
8. Drive & Deliver the business plan requirements and work to division Budgets.
9. Deliver quality service to the client ensuring that performance standards & contractual SLA’s are met.
10. Maintain effective communication with direct report Field/Team Managers.
11. Report weekly and monthly on key performance metrics and conduct PP’s & IDP’s with Direct Reports.
12. Guarantee and uphold the performance standards of Field/Team Managers by holding regular reviews and reporting back to the Divisional Director and agreeing personal action plans as appropriate.
13. Constant compliance with Health and Safety Legislation and internal procedures.
14. Determine goods and services to be delivered, and set prices and credit terms, based on forecasts of customer demand, managing the movement of goods into and out of facilities.
Third level education/ qualification in Business/ Administration or relevant subject preferable.
Knowledge of Mobile Telecom Networks and In-Home Industry desirable.
Previous Management experience
Strong stakeholder management and engagement experience
Skills & Competencies (evidence of)
- Understand lean/ Smart Work Processes
- Good commercial, business & financial acumen
- Demonstrable and strong commercial acumen
- Good analytical and numeric skills.
- Excellent organizational, interpersonal and communication skills required
- Project change controlling
- Budget planning
- Delegation and Time Management
- Communication and Negotiation
- Cost Tracking
- People Management skills
- Innovative, creative and proactive with a solution-oriented approach
Flexibility in line with business requirements
Ability to represent the company in a professional manner at all times
Commercially focused and aware