World-class communication solutions
We’ve always been an organisation with purpose; to use the power of communications to make a better world and at our heart we’re a technology company with research and innovation in our bones and a desire to be personal, simple, and brilliant for our customers. Our pursuit of progress over the past 180 years has established BT as a strong, successful brand, with huge scale capable of achieving great things, from supporting emergency services, hospitals, banks and keeping economies around the world online, safe and secure, to delivering large scale technology infrastructure like the creation of BT Sport.
We have around 1.2 million customers and serve over half the FTSE 350. Our customers range from big household names, government departments and public service organisations right through to small businesses and new start-ups. . We provide network IT services to corporate and public sector organisations in the Republic of Ireland and our Wholesale business helps communications providers (CPs) and other organisations provide fixed or mobile phone services.
Overview of the role:
You will be a key member of the BT Dublin datacentre engineering team, where you will be managing suppliers of Information, Communication Technologies (ICT) along with Mechanical and Electrical Engineering Plant equipment housed within the BT Data Centres. This role involves the management and implementation of day to day operations that affect any aspect of the data centre facilities infrastructure.
What will you be doing as a Datacentre Engineering Operative?
- The Datacentre Engineering Operative will be responsible for the implementation of the daily, weekly and monthly engineering infrastructural operational routines in the City West Data Centres.
- You will manage 3rd party engineering suppliers carrying out Engineering Infrastructural activates in the data centres
- This person will be have responsibility for the implementation Electrical & Mechanical (M&E) and fire suppression Planned Preventative Maintenance (PPM) on critical systems and assisting in the callouts for fault repair.
- You will be responsible for the implementation of the maintenance and delivery of all Data Centre power/cooling and structured Cabling change and Incident
- Management processes, activities and methodologies.
- Project Management and implementation of engineering projects across the data centres ensuring operational readiness for any new services being delivered as required, is also a key requisite in this role.
What makes a successful Datacentre Engineering Operative with BT?
- Engineering degree and/or electrical trade with a strong demonstrable experience.
- Data Centre operations or strong Industrial experience background is required for this role.
- Understands Critical Environment and has worked in a similar environment previously
- Engineering infrastructure operations experience is favoured.
- Experience of managing 3rd party suppliers
What we can offer:
- Strong Salary and Bonus based on experience.
- Investment in Continuous growth and development
- Life Assurance
- Annual Leave
- Flexible working environment