World-class communication solutions
Our purpose is to use the power of communications to make a better world. For each other, for our customers, for society and our communities. We need you to help us do this.
Why this role matters
A Managed Service Operations role, working in the Servers and Storage Technical Service Group. Strong technology background in pro-active management along with other related areas of expertise and will also need to have good customer facing, team player and self management skills. The job is highly focused on working as part of a team to meet the customers’ needs and SLA requirements.
What you’ll be doing
• Responding to incidents relating to infrastructure technology, driving resolution to meet agreed SLAs.
• Owning and driving resolution of major incidents
• Owning and driving major changes and releases
• Ensuring the Customer is kept informed and liaising with customer representatives up to and including CEO level
• Ensuring internal stakeholders are kept informed of progress
• Escalating technical issues with 3rd party vendors via agreed support mechanisms and progressing to resolution / Owning and managing calls that have been escalated to supporting 3rd parties
• Managing call breach by aligning resources in conjunction with Technical Services manager
• Supporting the major incident process and where necessary taking ownership of recovery planning
We’ll also need to see these on your CV
• Experience in the relevant technical skill area(s) with appropriate formal training.
• Experienced, fully competent in own area, can act as a key contributor in a more complex/critical environment, and is able to co-ordinate activities of others (the team leader).
• Has depth of expertise in more than one area, and can apply knowledge/skills to a range of activities acting as a source of technical expertise to others in own area.
• Able to interpret internal/external business issues and recommended best practice in own discipline, and to make changes to own and others work to meet these.
• Able to act proactively to understand client needs and offer assistance even when not asked.
• Awareness of profitability needs and can manage costs for specific projects.
• Able to find the underlying issue and patterns in complex situations, taking a new perspective on existing solutions to complex problems, and is able to explain difficult concepts to a variety of audiences to ensure that the meaning is understood.
• Able to manage own time to meet agreed targets and to develop plans for projects in own area over the medium term, including forecasting/organising all resource requirements and finance.
• Can motivate other team members and create informal networks with key contacts outside own area. Understands appropriate customer Business Processes and operating environments.
• Formal vendor training to professional certification standards, e.g. Solarwinds, MCP, MCTIP, VCP, CCNP, MCSE, Sun Solaris, HP certified systems engineer etc.
Why choose us?
In addition to a competitive salary, you’ll also receive a full contract of employment, access to internal training tools and ongoing coaching and support with potential opportunities to advance your career, furthermore as a valued employee, you’ll also qualify for a wide range of high street discounts as well as:
Career development opportunities within the team and the wider BT group
Continued development to build your confidence and knowledge of the role
Support so you can offer the best service to the Customer
Pension Scheme, up to 5% Company matched
Health Care Cover
Onsite parking available
Life assurance 4 x annual salary
We value different perspectives, skills and experiences. We’re creating an inclusive working culture where people from all backgrounds can succeed. That’s why we welcome applications from all parts of the community.