World-class communication solutions
We’ve always been an organisation with purpose; to use the power of communications to make a better world and at our heart we’re a technology company with research and innovation in our bones and a desire to be personal, simple, and brilliant for our customers. Our pursuit of progress over the past 180 years has established BT as a strong, successful brand, with huge scale capable of achieving great things, from supporting emergency services, hospitals, banks and keeping economies around the world online, safe and secure, to delivering large scale technology infrastructure like the creation of BT Sport.
We have around 1.2 million customers and serve over half the FTSE 350. Our customers range from big household names, government departments and public service organisations right through to small businesses and new start-ups. . We provide network IT services to corporate and public sector organisations in the Republic of Ireland and our Wholesale business helps communications providers (CPs) and other organisations provide fixed or mobile phone services.
Overview of the role:
A key component of BT Ireland’s success, are the BT ambassadors who develop relationships with targeted global multinational accounts. The Account Director will be the primary point of contact to bring the best of all we have at BT to our strategic customers. If you’re wondering what type of customers, think Fortune 500. The principal function of this role is to grow the revenue and earnings of BT Irelands business, whilst effectively managing all aspects of the account. You will be responsible for helping maintain our extensive network of client and market contacts, developing new contacts and relationships, monitoring and reporting on market developments, and uncovering and prioritizing business opportunities. With support from our Pres-Sales, Specialist, Bid, product and legal experts etc you will be responsible for coordinating and managing all resources needed to win and retain business. As the lead of the virtual team, you are required to input into the development of customer proposals, ensure existing business runs smoothly and responsible for the execution and implementation of new business solutions.
What will you be doing as a Account Director with BT?
- Being a strategic thinker, you will proactively analyze customers’ business challenges to help build sales pipeline, consistently working towards large project wins whilst at all times providing a best-in-class customer experience. This will involve nurturing existing relationships and leveraging them for new opportunities.
- Consulting with and owning all aspects of the client’s account in BT – up to and including the individual P&L on the account.
- Working effectively with various cross-functional partners in presales, sales, marketing, finance, solutions, bid management, delivery, product, product marketing etc to drive renewals and growth in the existing account, always focusing on consultative selling to meet clients’ business needs.
- The Account Director will ensure our client receives a proactive, excellent service, maximising the potential for business within the client’s region. The AD will also lead and develop the virtual team ensuring they are motivated and supported to achieve the maximum results.
- Negotiating, pricing and structuring large and complex ICT/Managed Services transactions solutions
What makes a successful Account Director with BT?
- Strong leadership skillset – managing, motivating and coaching
- Ability to think strategically with a proven track record of providing consultative and data driven solutions
- A good balance of technical excellence and commercial acumen
- An excellent communicator and a strong team player with capability to take the lead with cross functional teams on customer opportunities
- Interest and desire to continuously develop your skills and business knowledge for your customers benefit
- Advanced stakeholder management, negotiation and conflict management skills
- Competent, passionate and committed individuals to capture lasting, profitable results that drive long term growth for BT.
What we can offer:
- Strong Salary and Bonus based on experience.
- Investment in Continuous growth and development
- Life Assurance
- Annual Leave
- Flexible working environment