World-class communication solutions
We’ve always been an organisation with purpose; to use the power of communications to make a better world and at our heart we’re a technology company with research and innovation in our bones and a desire to be personal, simple, and brilliant for our customers. Our pursuit of progress over the past 180 years has established BT as a strong, successful brand, with huge scale capable of achieving great things, from supporting emergency services, hospitals, banks and keeping economies around the world online, safe and secure, to delivering large scale technology infrastructure like the creation of BT Sport.
We have around 1.2 million customers and serve over half the FTSE 350. Our customers range from big household names, government departments and public service organisations right through to small businesses and new start-ups. . We provide network IT services to corporate and public sector organisations in the Republic of Ireland and our Wholesale business helps communications providers (CPs) and other organisations provide fixed or mobile phone services.
Overview of the role:
The role holder shapes and develops specific Solutions or Outsourcing business opportunities, and is involved in closing deals, negotiating contracts, terms and pricing. This requires the qualification and subsequent development of business opportunities in direct consultation with the customer, and the establishment and maintenance of close working relationships with the account team who act as the direct channel to market. Once the opportunity has been developed sufficiently to enter into a bid cycle, the role holder will support the creation of the commercial proposition and, through engagement of the wider bid team, support the development of the overall service proposition which may include networks, products, systems, service, business processes and people. The proposition will be articulated as closely as possible to the clients’ language and terminology, and developed with commercial integrity and delivery credentials The Deal Architect would be expected to provide expert guidance and where appropriate lead activity on sizeable bids; but of lower value, risk and complexity than a Senior Deal Architect.
What will you be doing as a Deal Architect?
- You will have responsibility for developing and winning bids on a scale that affects BT’s credibility in the external outsourcing market, within a specified sector in the short term.
- To pursue specific opportunities within a sector development plan and to obtain all relevant inputs and provide leadership to the wider bid team in the specific business opportunities and sub-sections of a bid he/she owns.
- To ensure commercial integrity and solution delivery assumptions are sound. To shape the proposition such that it is articulated as closely as possible in the clients’ language and terminology.
- To work with all relevant groups to develop the final contract in readiness for hand-over to the
- Contract/Business Management team.
- The post holder must be assigned to individual financial targets for signing significant new business as agreed with their regional line manager.
What makes a successful Deal Architect with BT?
- Experience of independently driving and developing profitable business.
- Highly skilled and experienced negotiator able to quickly build effective relationships, with senior, key influential external decision-makers.
- An innovative approach and an expert grasp of technology and technical solutions available to drive commercial benefits, is an essential requirement of the role.
- Commercially astute to drive the commercial case and the deal negotiations to deliver win-win benefits over the contract term for BT and the customer
What we can offer:
- Strong Salary and Bonus based on experience.
- Investment in Continuous growth and development
- Life Assurance
Flexible working environment