World-class communication solutions
We’ve always been an organisation with purpose; to use the power of communications to make a better world and at our heart we’re a technology company with research and innovation in our bones and a desire to be personal, simple, and brilliant for our customers. Our pursuit of progress over the past 180 years has established BT as a strong, successful brand, with huge scale capable of achieving great things, from supporting emergency services, hospitals, banks and keeping economies around the world online, safe and secure, to delivering large scale technology infrastructure like the creation of BT Sport.
We have around 1.2 million customers and serve over half the FTSE 350. Our customers range from big household names, government departments and public service organisations right through to small businesses and new start-ups. . We provide network IT services to corporate and public sector organisations in the Republic of Ireland and our Wholesale business helps communications providers (CPs) and other organisations provide fixed or mobile phone services.
Overview of the role:
The Purpose of the NOC Network Technician role is to manage, assure and govern the core networks and infrastructure of BT Ireland, recording, reporting and communicating events and changes in line with the agreed processes. Operation of the day to day activities of the Network Operation Centre on a 24 hour rotated attendance will be your primary responsibility.
What will you be doing as a NOC Engineer?
- The NOC Engineer will be responsible for the day to day operations of the Network Operations Centre and ensure that at shift end the handover document is completed.
- To be responsible for the efficient in life management of the BT Ireland Network including customer networks & meeting of SLA’s for ROI customers and completing network monitoring ensuring all alarms are accounted for and fault tickets are open for outstanding alarms.
- To complete first level fault diagnostics on all faults and drive them to resolution within the agreed SLA, escalating tickets that fail or are about to fail SLA and investigate incidents and manage them through to resolution, ensuring correct communications to our customers and the business as per the incident process.
- To work and develop skills on the daily NOC roles, Monitoring, Faults, Alarm Clearing, SPOC, and Service
- Assurance along with managing control faults and routine tasks passed to field engineering teams and manage the Planned Engineering Works (PEWs).
- To be responsible for driving continuous improvement, documenting the required processes and updating failing processes on internal systems.
- Participating and driving engagement within the NOC and contributing to our aspiration to be a Great Place to work, adapting a professional approach to all engagements.
What makes a successful NOC Engineer with BT?
- You will have a Technical background and a analytical mindset, with a desire to develop your skillset and be a strong team player.
- Strong Problem Solving Skills is a key requisite for this role
- Previous Skills/Experience dealing with technical faults with a good attention to detail
- Degree or equivalent including recent graduates in Engineering, Maths or Science.
- Fluent English Speaker
What we can offer:
- Strong Salary and Bonus based on experience.
- Investment in Continuous growth and development
- Life Assurance
- Annual Leave