World-class communication solutions
Our mission is to break down the barriers of today to release the potential of tomorrow. Join us today and release yours.
About this role
Our project leaders make great things happen for our customers and our business. You’ll be making sure we deliver what we promise, when we promise it. You could be working with a range of customers, from small project start-ups to large, multi-national corporations. For customers you’ll be providing excellent customer experience, enhancing lives and improving businesses. For BT you’ll be driving more efficient and effective ways of working within our organisation.
You’ll have the following responsibilities
You will be managing the delivery of BT Products and solutions to our customers locally and around the world to defined time, cost and quality standards. You will be in direct contact with our customers, BT Teams and Third parties, managing and coordinating the activities to achieve Customer and BT goals.
You’ll be responsible for:
• Planning and Oversight – you’ll produce plans, logs, and schedules, and track these. You’ll conduct kick-off meetings, supplier and customer checkpoint meetings, and highlight reviews, and produces reports, agendas, and notes for same. You’ll facilitates technical and project workshops.
• Team Management – You’ll mobilise cross-functional project teams and manages them during the implementation by coordinating their activities and holding them to account for their technical deliverables.
• Risk Management – You’ll operate as a risk manager and apply risk analysis techniques. You’ll produce exception and recovery plans and makes effective use of the escalation mechanism.
• Financial Management – You’ll provide and assure actual and forecast information for project financial reviews and project closure so that you’ll keep the project on track financially and escalate variances as appropriate.
• Stakeholder Management – You’ll apply relationship management skills and be able to build and own client and stakeholder relationships at lower and middle management levels.
You’ll have the following skills & experience
• You’ll have experience in project management ideally in the telecoms sector with a track record of commercial and/or technical achievement.
• You’ll have the ability to deliver to defined times scales to deliver products and solutions that meet customers stated requirements.
• You’ll have good communication, interpersonal and relationship management skills along with influencing skills.
• You’ll have ability to manage virtual teams and foster collaborative team working across customers, internally and with third party suppliers
• You’ll be able to provide clear evidence of managing customer and internal stakeholders to set and manage expectations together with effective communication skills at equivalent levels
• A degree/professional qualification is desirable however it’s more important to us that you bring the right level of experience, capability and desire to succeed
What we can offer
- Strong Salary and Bonus based on experience.
- Investment in Continuous growth and development
- Life Assurance
- Annual Leave
- Flexible working environment
BT has a key role in British society, fostering change and leading technology innovation. From delivering the Olympics, to supporting the emergency services, to investing more into research than any other UK technology company, we take pride in everything we do – and in the people who work here.
We’re now a global company operating at the forefront of the information age, employing 90,000 people in 180 countries. And we’re on a mission. Guided by our core values of Personal, Simple and Brilliant our goal is to help customers, communities and businesses overcome barriers and release their potential.
So, if you’re interested in the power of potential, why not join us today and release yours? You can read more here about what it’s like to work at BT
How to Apply
It’s easy to apply online; you just need a copy of your up-to-date CV and to follow the step-by step process. Don’t worry if you need to make changes – you’ll have the opportunity to review and edit your work on the final page. We look forward to receiving your application!
** COVID-19 Notice: We’ve changed our recruitment process so that we can continue to offer exciting opportunities in BT. We’ve moved to ‘virtual hiring’ until further notice – which includes video interviews and virtual onboarding, to make sure that we maintain candidate and employee safety. **