World-class communication solutions
Our mission is to break down the barriers of today to release the potential of tomorrow. Join us today and release yours.
About this role
The successful candidate will be joining an Operations team working on one of BT major customer accounts, supporting their MPLS core, ISP Services (Including security) and Datacentre IP infrastructure. Their duties will also encompass all implementation work carried out on customer network.
In addition the role holder will be responsible for supporting real time operational systems, providing leadership and guidance on resolving complex technical issues, owning operational processes and ensuring support is provided to meet service level standards. A key focus of the team is continuous improvement and learning of the existing and new technologies being deployed.
You’ll have the following responsibilities
- Technical projects – Engineer will liaise with Design team on all new projects and be responsible for implementation.
- Responsible for peer technical reviews of all designs before deployment into service.
- Lead and improve on the Teams process and quality of peer reviews.
- Draft reports and make recommendations to managers and project sponsors on operational stability projects.
- Lead on Transitioning the Method of Procedure (MOP) creation in to the team.
- Investigate, propose and implement enhancements to improve the efficiency and effectiveness of the
- Network Change process.
- Operational support of IP network across all customer datacentres.
- Act as a key contributor and provide expert advice to the team and other groups on technical and operational issues.
- Manage an Incident Management trouble ticket queue, identifying and implementing improvements in
- how we work – distribute tickets to team members, ensure all tickets are addressed through to resolution.
- Work with internal, external & third party suppliers.
- Adhere to BT best practice Incident, Change, Capacity & Risk.
- Management within the BT Managed Services environment.
- Automate select network administration tasks through creation and maintenance of scripts and tools.
- Keep up to date with latest networking technologies and trends including virtualization technologies like SDN and NFV.
- Driving vendors and continuously improving the support by regular ORM’s ensuring all issues are tracked and followed to successful resolution.
- Operational lead for the delivery and deployment of the IP connectivity of the new 5G network.
You’ll have the following skills & experience
- CCNP with Mobile experience.
- Juniper experience a distinct advantage.
- Experience working in ISP environment.
- Experience with Cisco Nexus Datacentre solutions.
- Multiple routing protocol knowledge including BGP, OSPF routing.
- Operating knowledge of Checkpoint firewalls an advantage.
- Knowledge of loadbalancing technologises, F5, cisco ACE, NetScaler.
- Basic knowledge of 2G, 3G or LTE mobile communications would be beneficial.
- Excellent communication skills, both written & verbal.
- Excellent organisational & time-management skills. Ability to deliver to tight timescales.
- Display innovative thinking by acting on own initiative to identify & resolve problems.
- Ability to script/automate tasks using python or another programming language.
- Strong Salary and Bonus based on experience.
- Investment in Continuous growth and development.
- Life Assurance.
- Annual Leave.
- Flexible working environment.
BT has a key role in British society, fostering change and leading technology innovation. From delivering the Olympics, to supporting the emergency services, to investing more into research than any other UK technology company, we take pride in everything we do – and in the people who work here.
We’re now a global company operating at the forefront of the information age, employing 90,000 people in 180 countries. And we’re on a mission. Guided by our core values of Personal, Simple and Brilliant our goal is to help customers, communities and businesses overcome barriers and release their potential.
So, if you’re interested in the power of potential, why not join us today and release yours? You can read more here about what it’s like to work at BT
How to Apply
It’s easy to apply online; you just need a copy of your up-to-date CV and to follow the step-by step process. Don’t worry if you need to make changes – you’ll have the opportunity to review and edit your work on the final page. We look forward to receiving your application!