World-class communication solutions
We’ve always been an organisation with purpose; to use the power of communications to make a better world and at our heart we’re a technology company with research and innovation in our bones and a desire to be personal, simple, and brilliant for our customers. Our pursuit of progress over the past 180 years has established BT as a strong, successful brand, with huge scale capable of achieving great things, from supporting emergency services, hospitals, banks and keeping economies around the world online, safe and secure, to delivering large scale technology infrastructure like the creation of BT Sport.
We have around 1.2 million customers and serve over half the FTSE 350. Our customers range from big household names, government departments and public service organisations right through to small businesses and new start-ups. . We provide network IT services to corporate and public sector organisations in the Republic of Ireland and our Wholesale business helps communications providers (CPs) and other organisations provide fixed or mobile phone services.
Overview of the role:
The Purpose of the Senior NOC Engineer Role is to lead the team as they manage, assure and govern the core networks and infrastructure of BT Ireland, recording, reporting and communicating events and changes in line with the agreed processes.
What will you be doing as a Senior NOC Engineer?
- To lead the NOC operation on a day to day basis.
- To ensure the shift handover document has been completed for the start of each day.
- To be responsible for the efficient in life management of the BT Ireland Network including customer networks & meeting of SLA’s for ROI customers.
- To oversee network monitoring ensuring all alarms are accounted for and fault tickets are open for outstanding alarms.
- To complete first level fault diagnostics on all faults and drive them to resolution within the SLA, escalating tickets that fail or are about to fail SLA.
- To be required to investigate incidents and manage them through to resolution, ensuring correct communications to our customers and the business as per the incident process.
- To work and develop skills on the daily NOC roles, Monitoring, Faults, Alarm Clearing, SPOC, Service Assurance and assist others in doing so.
- To continuously improve your knowledge on all networks and technologies, clearly showing your progress towards the vendor specific accreditation.
- To ensure you record and update your line manager with completed tasks, learning and training progress.
- To control faults passed to field engineering teams and manage the Planned Engineering Works (PEWs).
- To provide support for issues addressed to the NOC through the SPOC Desk.
- To have excellent communication skills and manage all communication on a technical level with other network, vendor and service suppliers and the Customer Service and Engineering teams in BT Ireland.
- To be responsible for driving continuous improvement, documenting the required processes and updating failing processes on the NOC’s Sharepoint page.
Participating and driving engagement within the NOC and contributing to our aspiration to be a Great Place to work, adapting a professional approach to all engagements.
- To promote a safe working environment, ensuring health and safety compliance is a priority.
- To keep up to date on all operational Business continuity plans and know how to fall back to back-up NOC when required.
- To complete all mandatory training in line with the timescales called out by the business.
- To take ownership and document the route required to achieving our objectives.
- To represent the NOC in meetings where required.
- To meet customers at Dundrum and attend their premises when and where required.
What makes a successful NOC Engineer with BT?
- Actively give and receive feedback on your performance in line with the ‘two way performance deal’ as described in
- Use the correct working and booking practices as detailed in training courses, process documents and job instructions.
- Ensure interactions with customers and colleagues are respectful and courteous and represent BT in a professional way
- Conduct yourself with pride, honesty and integrity in line with the BT Values.
- As a leader or manager we will demonstrate the leadership behaviours as set out in the leadership framework