World-class communication solutions
We’ve always been an organisation with purpose; to use the power of communications to make a better world and at our heart we’re a technology company with research and innovation in our bones and a desire to be personal, simple, and brilliant for our customers. Our pursuit of progress over the past 180 years has established BT as a strong, successful brand, with huge scale capable of achieving great things, from supporting emergency services, hospitals, banks and keeping economies around the world online, safe and secure, to delivering large scale technology infrastructure like the creation of BT Sport.
We have around 1.2 million customers and serve over half the FTSE 350. Our customers range from big household names, government departments and public service organisations right through to small businesses and new start-ups. . We provide network IT services to corporate and public sector organisations in the Republic of Ireland and our Wholesale business helps communications providers (CPs) and other organisations provide fixed or mobile phone services.
Overview of the role:
As an Information Security Manager with us you will play a critical role in looking after all IT security for one of our largest clients and making sure that BT are adhering and are compliant as per process with the agreed upon process with the client. You will drive the relationship with the client from the IT security aspect side and make sure that all steps are taken to make sure that the process is running efficiently and effectively.
What will you be doing as an Information Security Manager?
- You will deliver security governance across the operational and technology verticals in an operational environment along with providing assurance that the services we provide meet our contractual obligations and fulfil our customer expectations.
- The Information Security Manager will Manage, Drive and influence use of security best practice across BT organisation on operational, project and strategic delivery of contractual services along with Managing the ISO 20000, 27001, 22301 certification(s) for BT Ireland and the customer
- This role is highly focused in the matrix management of technical teams working across all key Ireland accounts ensuring adherence to stated standards and industry best practice. The teams involved vary from Technical Design Architecture, Presales & Implementation to Network Operational support via 2nd & 3rd line teams.
- You will be working in a Technical Operational & Customer facing environment and have direct interaction with customer at a senior level for audit and cyber hygiene activities is also a key aspect of the role.
What makes a successful Information Security Manager with BT?
- Strong experience and a proven track record in Managing ISO 20000, 27001, 22301 certification(s) along with experience in hosting Shared Service Centre ISO 20000, 27001, 22301 audits and drive closure of any corrective actions.
- Proven track record in maintaining security policy, processes, procedures and authorisations in line with ISO27001 and Security Policy guidance.
- Ability to Risk Manage and experience in escalation of risks as appropriate to Senior Management team while ensuring risks are placed on Customer and/or Security Risk Registers.
- The Information Security Manager will have the ability to deliver IT Security awareness/education material to all people.
- Be comfortable in complex security incident diagnosis and resolution, liaising with vendors and customer/developer groups where appropriate.
What we can offer:
- Strong Salary and Bonus based on experience.
- Investment in Continuous growth and development
- Life Assurance
- Annual Leave
- Flexible working environment