Founded to change billions of lives by accelerating mobile access, Ding is currently one of the fastest growing consumer tech company of scale in Ireland.
Ding is searching for an experienced and passionate Creative and Product Design Team Lead to grow our expanding digital, UI, UX and content teams. This role will report into the Head of Product and Design and will be a core function of the Ding for Consumer team.
As our Creative and Product Design Team Lead you will drive the creative and product design strategy and work very closely with the Head of Product and Design to deliver the roadmaps and user experience for all Ding Consumer products.
Our mission is to build beautiful and simple products and services in service to our communities of senders and receivers.
You will work closely with C-Level, business, marketing and technology leadership teams to develop the product design and digital creative and content strategy in line with the commercial goals of the business.
This will involve using quantitative and qualitative feedback to continually enhance existing products and creative treatments as well generating ideas for new products and campaigns.
You will understand the overall business strategy and challenges, as well as the external market and competition, and will ensure that the product design and creative strategy is continually optimised to address all these factors.
You should have experience of leading and growing design teams and you should come armed with a passion for the industry and emerging technologies.
- Build the UX expertise within the Product Team, managing a team of UX Researchers and UI Designers internally and externally as needed. Work closely with your Product and Business peers to embed User
- Centred Design into the lifecycle of product design and development.
- Define and develop the UX strategy, staying up to date with industry trends and striving to innovate beyond these by engaging with the wider digital creative community.
- Work with Analytics, Strategy and Marketing to build out customer insights to help make customer informed design decisions addressing both customer friction, needs and business requirements.
- Design, deliver, champion, and maintain global UI style-guides and component libraries in order to introduce consistency and seamlessness across our various apps and touchpoints, global and local.
- Lead the digital design team for all things that a hypergrowth company needs every day. Manage and mentor the team of digital designers with responsibility for their output and development. Nurture them and establish a career development plan, making them best in class.
- Give overall direction to designers in the execution of creative concepts, including local and global campaigns, and be ultimately responsible for the delivery of the creative team project work.
- Lead creative exploration and direction for the Ding consumer brand. Help to create messaging that connects with prospects and customers in new and innovative ways. Craft the digital consumer marketing journey from ads that connect, to website imagery that inspires, to digital assets and landing pages that convert ad traffic into a customer.
- Work with a cross-functional team of marketers, product leaders and business leaders, to bring our ideas to life.
- Measure and monitor marketing and creative initiatives to determine performance and potential needs for course-correction.
- Regularly update brand guidelines, templates and internal repository to empower everyone at Ding to deliver all assets on brand.
Strategy, Thought Leadership and Development
- Define, develop and implement design methodology and creative strategic processes in Ding.
- Think critically about the business and what is needed from a marketing and creative perspective to meet stated objectives and drive the business.
- Receive and interpret creative and project briefs, solve problems and present ideas creatively and effectively.
- Design and implement consistent project workflows and timelines, related to milestones and delivery.
- Lead and build a diverse and skilful team who you will empower to create world-class product experiences.
- Be an inspiration and provide infinite motivation by loving what you do and caring about creating a people centred creative culture.
- Be the trusted point of contact for design leadership both within your team and the wider business – at C
- Level, Business Unit and Technology Leadership level.
- Keep up to date with industry leading knowledge and be able to attract the very best design talent.
Desired Experience and Skills
- 8+ years of relevant experience, with an emphasis in consumer tech/high volume e-Commerce. You’ll have experience with the pain points that come with rapid growth.
- World class experience working at the highest levels of creative and product design and management: prioritisation, consumer research and partnering with business, marketing and technology are central to your approach to delivering beautiful compelling products and services.
- You’ll be a people leader, with the necessary gravitas to lead. You’ll have a proven record of developing people and taking them to the next level.
- Growth mindset – you are hands-on, agile and able to adapt quickly. You focus on getting things done.
- A metrics-driven mindset, leveraging data and analysis to inform decisions that balance user needs and business needs.
- Strong background in user experience research and Design. Empathy for user needs and a desire to provide value through technology.
- Strong communication skills and proven track record of cross-functional collaboration
Ding was founded to change billions of lives by accelerating mobile access.
As the number one international mobile top-up platform in the world, Ding has been keeping people connected since 2006, when it launched this first-of-a-kind service. Today, Ding’s users have successfully sent over 300 million top-ups globally, via the app, online at Ding.com, and in-store at over 600,000+ retail outlets worldwide.
The number of prepaid mobile phones is growing and now accounts for 76% of the world’s five billion phones, with one quarter offline and in need of top-up at any one time – highlighting the need for Ding’s frictionless and instant mobile top-up. In fact, Ding delivers a top-up every second, via 500+ operators, across 140+ countries – helping families and friends around the world to stay connected.
Ding is headquartered in Dublin, Ireland, and has regional offices in London, Barcelona, Bucharest, Dhaka, Dubai, New Jersey, Miami, Paris, and San Salvador. Ding’s culturally diverse team of more than 200 people reflects our commitment to delivering cutting-edge, potentially life-changing technology to developed and emerging markets alike.
We’re always on the lookout for talented people. The more our exceptional team grows, the closer we are to achieving our goal of changing billions of lives by accelerating mobile access.
We’re looking for people who can simplify the complex and enjoy the freedom to experiment. We’re looking for those who value diversity and understand the importance of collaboration and shared goals.
Above all, we’re looking for people who demonstrate our company values:
- Puts users first
- Evolves through fast action
- Continually raises the bar
- Respects everyone
- Drives impacts and ownership
Ding recruitment privacy notice is available at https://www.ding.com/recruitment-privacy-notice