Enet is Ireland’s largest open access network provider.
The IT support engineer is responsible for operational support, maintenance and monitoring of systems and implementation and configuring new systems. Working within a team to provide service desk, level 1 and level 2 support, escalation to vendor support, proactive maintenance and monitoring on our systems and manage incidents and outages to resolution. Working as part of project teams to assist in the implementation, configuration, training and documentation of new solutions for the business.
- Lead IT helpdesk support
- Provide end user computing troubleshooting and support in a Windows 10, SharePoint, Microsoft365 environment in Enet’s offices in Ireland.
- Maintenance and administration of Active Directory, Microsoft365, Sharepoint, Salesforce, enetconnect, SCCM and other SaaS subscriptions.
- Maintenance, build and deployment of desktops, laptops and virtual servers for company
- Responsible for ensuring company license renewal contracts are reviewed and renewed in collaboration with Head of IT and Transformation
- Responsible for purchasing of laptops, desktops and IT consumables
- Basic network (LAN, WAN, WLAN, firewall) administrative and configuration support
- Maintain accurate and up to date IT maintenance and support documentation
- Create training materials and user documentation and maintain such documentation as business needs evolve.
- Assist the Head of IT and Transformation on ad hoc IT projects in addition to dealing with any external contractors, vendors (SLA’s contracts)
- This challenging role requires the candidate to operate as hands-on first level support, with responsibility for support and maintenance tasks, service delivery and problem solving in a fast-moving and varied technical environment.
A self-starter and motivated individual – the ideal candidate will have:
- Diploma/degree in Information Technology, Computer Science
- Technical Accreditations such as MCSE, CISSP, CCNA etc. desirable
- Two years’ experience in an IT support role with strong working knowledge of modern computing hardware and software
- Systematic troubleshooting skills
- Excellent spoken and written English, with good communication skills
- A solid hands-on IT background working in an IT team environment
- Flexibility in approach to work and work ethic
- A customer-orientated approach with experience in dealing with senior management.
- Good understanding of Linux distributions
- Experience of managing virtualised infrastructure
- Experience in a telco environment would be a distinct advantage
- Networking: SNMP, TCP/IP, DNS, DHCP
- Experience in deploying and maintaining AWS implementations
- Database administration (MySQL, MariaDB, Postgres)
- Fortigate (or similar) administration experience
- Storage: SAN technologies, VSAN
- Windows Server administration (IIS, WSUS, LDAP)
- Track record to multitask, meet deadlines, handle and prioritize simultaneous requests.
- Customer focused, flexible and willing to take ownership of issues
- Ability to solve business challenges by leveraging technology solutions.
- Creative and analytical thinker with strong problem- solving skills.
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills.
- Self-confidence to build strong working relationships internal/external.
- Self motivated, with track record in self-directed learning
Enet are more than just telecoms operators; we are a team of dedicated people who are focused on going that extra mile for our customers. Here at Enet, we recognise that the most important ingredient in being a great company is having great people. The Enet team is undoubtedly our greatest asset, and we are dedicated to attracting and retaining extraordinary people. We are always on the look-out for people who are talented, highly motivated and dedicated to delivering our commitments to our customers. As part of the Enet team, we will work hard to nurture your talent and curiosity, develop your skills and realise your potential.
We have recently opened our state-of-the-art Network Operations Centre (NOC), which is part of the new €1m headquarters in Limerick. This facility doubles the size of the premises we have and will enable us to continue to deliver a genuinely world-class service for our customers. The NOC operates on a 24/7 basis all year round monitoring our wide range of infrastructure. Enet operates the largest, alternative, wholesale telecoms network in Ireland. Our infrastructure comprises of over 5,400 Km of state-of-the-art fibre, including metro fibre (Enet owned networks and the Irish State’s Metropolitan Area Networks) and a unique dark fibre backhaul network. In addition, the company also operates one of the largest licensed wireless networks in the country. Taken together, Enet’s infrastructure creates a fully integrated, nationwide network that is truly open access in nature, enabling our customers, the retail service providers, to deliver world class bandwidth services to their customers throughout Ireland.