Enet is Ireland’s largest open access network provider.
We have recently opened our state-of-the-art Network Operations Centre (NOC), which is part of the new €1m headquarters in Limerick. This facility doubles the size of the premises we have and will enable us to continue to deliver a genuinely world-class service for our customers. The NOC operates on a 24/7 basis all year round monitoring our wide range of infrastructure.
Enet operates the largest, alternative, wholesale telecoms network in Ireland. Our infrastructure comprises of over 5,400 Km of state-of-the-art fibre, including metro fibre (Enet owned networks and the Irish State’s Metropolitan Area Networks) and a unique dark fibre backhaul network. In addition, the company also operates one of the largest licensed wireless networks in the country.
Taken together, Enet’s infrastructure creates a fully integrated, nationwide network that is truly open access in nature, enabling our customers, the retail service providers, to deliver world class bandwidth services to their customers throughout Ireland.
Enet are more than just telecoms operators; we are a team of dedicated people who are focused on going that extra mile for our customers.
Here at Enet, we continually strive to be a great organisation. We recognise that the most important ingredient in being a great company is having great people. The Enet team is undoubtedly our greatest asset, and we are dedicated to attracting and retaining extraordinary people.
Enet employees are motivated and highly skilled people who believe in what we are doing and genuinely enjoy coming to work. We have created a happy, relaxed environment for our people, where they have the opportunities to learn and grow on a daily basis. Ours is a fast-paced, dynamic environment; perfect for those who love to be challenged.
We are always on the look-out for people who are talented, highly motivated and dedicated to delivering our commitments to our customers. As part of the Enet team, we will work hard to nurture your talent and curiosity, develop your skills and realise your potential.
- Responsible for all 24 x 7 x 365 operations of the enet NOC
- Meet and exceed all service level commitments given by the business to customers.
- Primary interface to enet’s customers for all operational issues.
- Direct and line manage a team of dedicated operations engineers and Service Desk.
- Manage all third-party support / fault handling relationships and associated service levels
- Implement effective proactive health checks.
- Manage Front Office and an on-call rota system for Back Office on a 24×7 basis
- Develop and maintain systems for performance management, trouble management, fault localisation and integrated incident handling
- Ensure key projects and day to day operations are delivered effectively and efficiently on time and within budget.
- Third level escalation.
- Adherence to best practice Incident and Change management processes.
- Preparation and analysis of operational SLA and KPI reports.
- Qualified to at least degree level in a relevant engineering/electrical/electronic discipline
- 2+ years’ experience in leading and managing teams of engineers in a results-oriented environment
- 5+ years’ experience in a technical role
- Good people orientation and ability to communicate and lead by example.
- Ability to manage time and deal with multiple complex problems at once.
- Extremely detail-oriented, high level documentation skills.
- Experience of working and closing issues with senior counterparts, customers and suppliers.
- Strong track record in telecommunications industry, preferably in a transmission/IP or MPLS.
- High levels of flexibility, willingness to learn and develop individually and as a team.
- Awareness of future trends in the telecommunications industry.
- Experience of management of change.
- Vendor experience with Nokia, Ciena, Alcatel Lucent, Ceragon
- Good understanding of Layer 1, 2 & 3 network principles applying to telecom transmission networks
- Good knowledge of ITIL service management processes.
- Other tasks as required
If you think you have what it takes and you feel the need for a genuine unique challenge, please apply in full confidence to email@example.com