Enet is Ireland’s largest open access network provider.
The Network Operations Centre Engineer Tier 2 will provide 2nd line technical support for enet’s Network Operations Centre team to resolve faults/events per customers SLAs once not resolved at Tier 1 level.
Enet operates the largest, alternative, wholesale telecoms network in Ireland. Our infrastructure comprises of over 5,400 Km of state-of-the-art fibre, including metro fibre (Enet owned networks and the Irish State’s Metropolitan Area Networks) and a unique dark fibre backhaul network. In addition, the company also operates one of the largest licensed wireless networks in the country.
Taken together, Enet’s infrastructure creates a fully integrated, nationwide network that is truly open access in nature, enabling our customers, the retail service providers, to deliver world class bandwidth services to their customers throughout Ireland.
Enet are more than just telecoms operators; we are a team of dedicated people who are focused on going that extra mile for our customers.
Here at Enet, we continually strive to be a great organisation. We recognise that the most important ingredient in being a great company is having great people. The Enet team is undoubtedly our greatest asset, and we are dedicated to attracting and retaining extraordinary people.
Enet employees are motivated and highly skilled people who believe in what we are doing and genuinely enjoy coming to work. We have created a happy, relaxed environment for our people, where they have the opportunities to learn and grow on a daily basis. Ours is a fast-paced, dynamic environment; perfect for those who love to be challenged.
We are always on the look-out for people who are talented, highly motivated and dedicated to delivering our commitments to our customers. As part of the Enet team, we will work hard to nurture your talent and curiosity, develop your skills and realise your potential.
- Provide 2nd line technical support for enet’s Network Operations Centre team to resolve faults/events per customers SLAs.
- Ensure customers are kept fully up to date with the status of notified incidents/queries as per SLAs
- Mentoring of 1st line technical support engineers.
- Provide timely completion of root cause investigations after fault scenarios.
- Planning and execution of network change activities such as network configuration changes, platform migrations, software upgrades
- Operational verification of new network infrastructure and platforms
- Facilities Management – oversee the ongoing maintenance of enet facilities across the country
- Change management approval and scheduling
- Vendor/partner interaction and escalation handling
- Participation in company emergency callout Rota
- Additional duties as required
- Three years’ experience in Network Operations Centre at Telecom operator
- In depth knowledge of DWDM/Ethernet/IP/MPLS/Wireless, preferably specialized in one with a good grounding in the others
- Excellent communication skills with ability to build strong relationships with peer engineers internally and externally in customer and vendor organizations.
- Good understanding of Co-location Build (Power, Aircon, batteries, BMS)
- Good understanding of transmission and routing & switching network principles, including service and network build experience in those platforms
- Excellent time management and organizational skills and exceptional attention to detail with an ability to multitask
- High levels of flexibility, willingness to learn and develop and awareness of future trends in the telecommunications industry
- Fluent in written and spoken English
- Eligibility to work in Ireland
- Familiarity with one (or more) of the following vendor platforms – Nokia (formerly Alcatel-Lucent), Juniper, Ceragon, Ciena, or Coriant (formerly Tellabs)
- Experience testing or validating Carrier Network design and rollout.
- Cisco/Juniper/Nokia – IP/Ethernet certification
- Track record of successful technical project execution
- Familiarity with ITIL framework
If you think you have what it takes and you feel the need for a genuine unique challenge, please apply in full confidence to firstname.lastname@example.org.