Ruby/Elixir Backend Developer
My client is looking for: An experienced backend developer who enjoys functional programming to join their team! If you have great Ruby experience and have been working with Elixir and want to gain experience developing with it to create a commercial application, then this is the team for you. Your primary focus will be the development of all server-side logic, ensuring high performance and responsiveness to requests to REST APIs that you will define and document.
- 4+ years Ruby / Elixir backend experience in a production service environment
- Understanding of object-oriented and functional programming in Ruby.
- An active interest in Elixir and functional programming is an advantage
- Thorough understanding and appreciation of unit and system testing
- Preference for using frameworks other than Rails, like Sinatra.
- Experience designing and developing REST APIs for 3rd party consumption.
- Excellent knowledge of PostgreSQL and relational databases in general.
- Knowledge of Docker and working in Google Cloud Platform is a plus.
What my client offers
This position reports into the Engineering team based in Ireland, the office is based in Dublin. They offer a competitive salary, a comprehensive benefits package including stock options, health insurance, life insurance, disability, 25 days holidays. They also have a flexible working environment, and a great team to work and socialise with.
If you feel this role is the right fit for you apply here or email your CV to firstname.lastname@example.org