Website Imagine Networks Services Ltd
Liaises with: Directors and line managers, local Safety Officers and Fire Wardens; HR, Occupational Health, NTR H&S Coordinator, Insurers and statutory bodies.
Responsible for Health and Safety
Purpose of Role:
To support line management, across all parts of the business, in the elimination of accidents at work, through the development and implementation of safety management systems, and the creation and embedding of a culture of health and safety awareness within Imagine Communications. The Health and Safety Officer will also work closely with line managers/Employee Services in working towards agreed Health & Safety goals as well as ensuring compliance with statutory requirements.
Key Areas of Responsibility:
Development and communication of health and safety protocols by site including training of all relevant personnel in their implementation.
- Development and circulation of Health & Safety Policy for Imagine
- Ensure the availability of and regular review of updating of Health and Safety Statements for every Imagine site.
- Ensure there is a trained Safety Officer at each site.
- Ensure safety committee meetings take place and operate effectively.
- Carry out hazard identification and risk assessments across the organisation. Arrange audits of sites as and when required in accordance with best practice.
- Ensure all PPE and testing equipment is kept within calibration and has relevant certification
- Identify and manage health and safety consultants who may be used to carry out audits, provide training or assist in the planning for meeting OSHAS 18001 requirement.
- · Evaluate and approve all health and safety personal protection equipment prior to procurement decision being taken.
- Approve the design and construction of new sites and approve layout and equipment for new and existing sites from a health and safety perspective including liaison with PSDS/PSCS
- Ensure there is a clear health and safety induction process for all new employees including office staff and report on implementation of same.
- Ensure all subcontractors have a robust system of work in place and regular audits are carried out
- Develop relationships with H&S managers for all sub contractors
- Ensure there is an annual health and safety training plan and report on its implementation.
- Gather data on, and analyse safety incidents and accidents and make recommendations to the Directors and line managers as to how incidents and accidents can be eliminated.
- Prepare internal management reports as well as reports for external regulatory agencies.
- Advise on best practice in health and safety.
- Work with Employee Services and Occupational Health Advisors to integrate health and safety programme including health surveillance.
- Develop a plan to enable Imagine to meet OSHAS 18001 and work with line managers to implement same.
- Ensure all accidents are immediately investigated in accordance with best practice.
- Work closely with line managers, Employee Services and insurers to proactively manage employer liability claims, with the aim of minimising the trauma involved for employees and containing costs to those considered reasonable for the circumstances of the case.
- Create an action plan for health and safety and work with line managers to develop and embed a culture of health and safety awareness at all levels in the business using innovative and best practice interventions where possible.
- Where possible provide Manual Handling Training
- Approve contractors
- Issue PSCS / PSDP letters of appointment
- Evaluate training requirements
- Liaise with third party H&S
- Calibration of equipment / FPE certification
- Approve method statements / safety files
- Conduct on site audits
- Conduct office risk assessments / DSE audits / Pregnancy assessments
- Arrange annual fire drills
- Update site training records on site handler
Key Performance Indicators
Reduction in accidents and incidents
Reduction in lost time due to accidents
Reduction in employer liability claims
Reduction/elimination of improvement notices
Best practice up to date Safety Statements in place for each site
Regular audits demonstrating compliance with health and safety policy
Accurate data available on incidents and accidents
Records of 100% coverage of good quality training taking place in a timely and regular manner
OSHAS 18001 status
Qualifications and Skills Required:
Must have prior experience in Telecommunications Industry (Preferable Wireless)
- Diploma or Degree in Health and Safety Management
- 2-3 years officer level experience of similar environment to Imagine
- Full understanding of health and safety legislation as application in Republic of Ireland.
- Strong verbal and written communications skills.
- Strong interpersonal and influencing skills, including proven ability to work with employees at all levels
- Competence to assess projects on health and safety grounds at design phase.
- Competence to develop and implement safety management and training programmes.
- Analytical skills to interpret data and make effective recommendations.
- Familiarity with OSHAS 18001
- Experience of implementation of safety and health awareness programmes
Membership of IOSH or equivalent body
Experience of improving standards in the Telecoms Installation Sector
Established relationships with statutory bodies
Experience of implementing OSHAS 18001
Company events & social hours
Work from home opportunities
Application deadline: No closing date
Job Types: Full-time, Permanent
Published on: July 10th, 2020
Vacancy Spaces: 01
Experience: Essential and Desired
Job Location: Sandyford, Dublin
Start Date: TBC