L.M. Ericsson Limited.
We, in Ericsson, have been finding ways to communicate for over a century. We are committed to enabling new means of communication through our innovation and creativity. We are passionate about our responsibility to innovate not just for gain but Technology for Good; from mobile communications to education for all.
The software we build in Product Development Unit OSS makes it possible for billions of people to communicate with each other, surf the web, engage with social media on their smart devices every day. Exciting opportunities exist for Systems & Technology Analysts within our R&D department to shape the future of the evolving Networked Society. If you join us you will get to work with and learn about the latest new technologies from 5G and OpenStack cloud to machine learning and A.I.
Do you enjoy establishing requirements & specifying high level system architecture and solutions to drive product implementation? Then Ericsson Athlone is the place for you. You will deliver technical solutions with Product Owners and collaborate with our Customers to capture their needs.
Do you demonstrate some of the following skills:
• A capability to perform best in a team-setting – working in a multi-cultural & international environment brings the best out in you
• A bachelor’s degree (or equivalent) in software/electronic engineering or related science and technology discipline
• 5+ years relevant Software Development experience
• An ability to drive technical discussions, analyse & explain technical requirements and problems, steer new product development.
• Understanding of the Orchestration domain and customer requirements
• OSS domain experience, understanding of OSS stack components like Catalog, Order Manager, Inventory, Orchestration, Activation and Domain Management
• Knowledge of emerging network developments and a desire to learn new skills in areas such as Service Orchestration
• Familiar with network operations – knowledge of the process & procedures used to operate a mobile network
• Proficiency in one or more languages; including Java & C++ , experience in UML is an advantage
• Familiarity with Network Management, Radio & Transport technologies and Mobile Core Networks
• Familiarity with Opensource initiatives (e.g. ONAP, OSM( and Standards ((e.g. TMF, ETSI MANO, 3GPP)
• Experience in developing cloud based applications which can be deployed on cloud technologies (e.g. OpenStack, VMWare, AWS, Azure) & container technologies (e.g. Kubernetes, Docker)
What do we offer
• Get involved on projects which will impact the lives of billions (40% of the worlds traffic goes through Ericsson networks).
• Expand your horizons in a rich multicultural environment with colleagues from all over the world.
• A healthy work-life balance (a Sports and Social club, flexible hours, Maternity/Paternity and Parental leave).
• Pension Scheme, Health Insurance, company Doctor, Life Cover and Sick Pay/Income Continuance Plan.
• Tax Saver Commuter/Bike To Work Scheme and secure bike lock-ups and showers onsite.
• Clearly defined career paths, enhanced with both inhouse training and financial support for external study though our educational assistance scheme
• 27 days Annual Leave
• Laptop and mobile phone