Openet provides Digital BSS to service providers to create value
If you are a passionate software technologist whose ambition is to work with people providing innovative and leading-edge production and operational support to our global customers, using best in class delivery practices and tooling, then Openet wants to hear from you!
The Customer Support & Operational Enablement (CSOE) team provides Openet’s telecom operator customers with Production and Development support, and operational enablement for digital OSS/BSS and network functions. We work hand-in-hand with our global customers and internal organisations to provide technical support for Openet’s complex software solutions. We also support our customers’ (70% of Tier 1 & 2 global telecom operators) successful transition to the world of 5G connectivity. We are a team of highly-skilled, driven software technologists with a track record of delivering world class support, meeting tight deadlines, as set out in our customers’ Service Level Agreements (SLAs).
What is the expertise needed for this opportunity?
The ideal person for our team will be experienced in customer support and committed to delivering excellent work with excellent people. You will have a relevant Computer Science, Engineering, Information Technology or equivalent degree and have a curiosity to learn more. You have a proven track record of working in a customer facing support environment, the ability to clearly describe technical content, experience in troubleshooting complex software solutions and are used to working under pressure. Previous experience in using different programming languages, such as Java, Python, Ruby, Shell etc is useful and knowledge of RDBMS, NoSQL, XML, SOAP, REST, Diameter, and other TCP/IP protocols is strongly desirable. Experience of developing solutions using best-in-class tooling, such as IDEs, source code and deployment control systems, automated build and test systems is also highly desirable, as is an analytical approach to problem solving.
We would love it if you have
• Extensive experience in working in a technical support environment (5 years minimum).
• Strong experience in complex functional and performance analysis using cutting-edge technologies, and have a customer-focused mindset.
• Excellent communication skills.
• Strong working experience in Unix/Linux.
• Extensive experience in scripting, using e.g. shell, tcl, DCL, Perl.
• Strong working experience in Database technology (preferably Oracle).
• Experience working on multi-threaded applications.
• Software release methodology and development life cycle experience.
• Detailed understanding of telecom networks and associated technologies.
• Deep knowledge of telecom OSS/BSS applications and associated protocols.
• Expert knowledge in Wireshark and application statistics analysis.
• Experience with multi-threaded and multi-process applications.
• An organised, systematic, disciplined and analytical approach to designing, problem solving, coding and defect fixing.
• Experience leading or mentoring junior engineers.
The impact your role will have
• You will join a team that is supporting cutting edge software solutions and integrates them with our customer & partner systems. We are keen to bring into the team an experienced engineer who is passionate about solving complex problems, thrives in a fast paced, demanding environment and is eager to take on new problems and share solutions as we push forward with our innovative offerings – a professional with an appreciation of the wider field of technology outside his/her own specialisation. Working independently as well as collaboratively, it is core for this person to have a ‘can-do’ approach to teamwork and is available for reasonable level of travels in the EMEA region.
• The Lead Software Engineer (Customer Support) will act as the Single Point of Contact (SPoC) for troubleshooting technical issues in customer production systems. The engineer will work as part of the customer facing Support team, investigating issues of every level of severity at telecoms operators globally. Close cooperation with the Openet Engineering function including Delivery, Product Engineering and the Support DBA teams will be required to ensure that all customer issues are handled to their satisfaction.
• The role will also involve call handling, problem analysis, technical troubleshooting, development of fixes/workarounds, issue tracking and assistance in the delivery of new product releases to the customer. Support Engineers are also occasionally involved in the development of service enhancements to the customers’ solutions.
The skills you bring to the team
• Above all else, you will have excellent analytical, communication (both oral and written) and organizational skills and the ability to run multiple complex tasks at a given time;
• You have a clear ability to set technical priorities and are comfortable making decisions on how best to deliver these.
• An ability to influence key stakeholders and get buy in on technical decisions;
• Positive, solution-focused attitude and you aren’t afraid of a challenge;
• Collaborate effectively in a team and open to exploring all technical design options;
• Ability to provide technical guidance to your team;
• A burning desire to ‘be your best’ and work in an environment where you can really have an impact.
How your work impacts the organisation
This role sits within the Delivery and Customer Enablement (DCE) group, whose stated purpose is to ensure Openet’s customers’ current & future success by delivering and enabling innovative, customer-centric software solutions. Product Development and this role is key to our ability to support state of the art, cloud native solutions, which support our customer’s successful transition to the world of 5G connectivity. Be a part of our journey and #beyourfuture.
Winner of the Deloitte Best Managed Companies Award (2017 & 2018), Openet provides the solutions and consulting services that enable telecommunication service providers to fast-track their digital journeys. Our solutions process more than 20 billion events and transactions every day and do this across more than 330 million subscribers for more than 75 service providers worldwide. We deliver the most innovative and high-performance software for these businesses to grow and evolve and we currently partner with 7 out of the 10 largest global telecommunication service providers. Openet is incredibly proud that 11% of global mobile data traffic is enabled using our software.
Now employing almost 700 people worldwide, Openet has been at the forefront of telecoms software development and innovation, since its foundation in 1999. Our success is underlined by the many long-term relationships we have fostered with the largest, most progressive and demanding operators across the globe. We delight in turning innovation into business value.
OUR CULTURE & VALUES
At Openet we hire people, not just skills. We are looking for people with a love of working collaboratively, focused on continuous learning and excited to be your best. People who thrive in Openet enjoy working in a fast-paced environment, where each day brings different opportunities to do great things; adaptability is hugely important to the way we work. We are not comfortable with settling and so we demand that everyone in our business challenges and asks why – to be innovative means striving to be better, working smarter and seeing the value in ‘outside the box’ thinking. But why? At Openet we are obsessed with solving with the customer – understanding their problems, working to delight them, considering their success as our success. It’s that simple.
Check out www.openet.com for more information about working @ Openet!
Openet is an equal opportunities employer.