Openet provides Digital BSS to service providers to create value
The Product Owner for Strategic Accounts works closely with specific large Openet Customer accounts to represent, guide to ensure these large accounts are represented in the Openet Product roadmap.
The primary purpose of this role will be to work closely with key strategic customers to understand their business needs and use cases, analyse potential product gaps, and gather customer specific technical requirements. The role will work closely with core Product Managers (and the wider Product Management team), with support from Product Development resources, to specify technical solution blueprints for deployment, and document functional requirements for roadmap evaluation. The Product Owner will function as the primary focal point for the customers for any roadmap related and strategic initiative discussions.
The Product Owner will be part of the global Openet Product Management organisation and will interface with many of the Openet teams involved with key strategic accounts, including Sales, Sales Solution Consulting, Solution Delivery and Product Development. They should have solid working experience, and be able to clearly articulate relevant examples of past work experiences and references. The role is ideal for someone who is excited about working in a fast-paced environment that is both dynamic and flexible.
The ideal candidate will display the ability to respond quickly to changing business needs, priorities, and timelines. Past experience working on Telecom BSS is important, and more specifically a solid understanding of Telecom revenue management (including charging and billing systems and processes) is ideal. Frequent travel will be required.
Key attributes of the successful candidate are strategic thinking, hands on engagement, curiosity, energy and proactiveness. Influencing skills are also critical as this role will require significant team participation with key stakeholders in other business functions. The Product Owner will work closely with our Sales & Delivery account teams to foster growth and success in these accounts.
This is an individual contributor role with very high visibility and importance in the company. In addition to working with key strategic customers to understand their business needs and use cases – when product gaps are identified, the role requires the ability to present the customers vision to other stakeholders; defending and adapting the positioning as necessary based on all party’s feedback.
To communicate the vision of major new features effectively the role requires the ability to create extensive high-quality supporting collateral and deliver the message with strong presentation skills in front of both internal and external audiences.
The Product Owner must be able to break down business requirements into clear unambiguous technical requirements supported by concise use cases that make clear how the customer intends to use the capability. The role provides a critical interface from the Customer to Openet product development architects and is responsible for the solution specification and acceptance of work. The Product Owner must work to understand the Openet product capabilities at a deep level, and link that together with the customer’s requirements, in order to understand the impact of the customer need on the overall product evolution.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
• Manage customer relationships regarding alignment of solution needs with product roadmap deliverables from the product management perspective with little direct supervision.
• Work with the field teams, and customers, to define customer-specific product requirements
• Negotiate and communicate product roadmap additions and their unique differentiators to internal groups and outside partners/customers
• Create user stories and use cases
• Ensure the right blend of trade-offs to maximize the product impact in the marketplace
• Work with product marketing and sales to create product positioning, content, collateral and tools
• Create high quality product literature and presentations independently to support communication of new strategic product initiatives
• Present material to external audiences and chair workshops to solicit feedback of new features
• Hands on approach to understanding, configuring and testing software
Skills & Experience
• A minimum of 5 years in product management or technical pre-sales roles in Telecoms
• Experience in a customer-facing technical role (including responding to RFPs)
• Previous architecture experience – specifically with telecoms software systems, and ideally with distributed and cloud-native applications at scale
• Experience in working in projects involving core network integration, OCS, Billing or CRM
• Commercial and technical awareness of the Policy, Charging or Billing marketplaces
• Strong verbal and written communication skills – must be a good “translator”, with an ability to express complex technical concepts in business terms, and equally represent business needs to technical stakeholders
• Experience working with remote and highly distributed teams
• Bachelor’s degree in Engineering
• A hands-on collaborative style of working.
• Outstanding verbal, written and creative advertising communications skills a must.
• Fluent spoken and written English
Success in this role will be measured by:
• Customer Satisfaction and broad account Growth and Retention
• Managing all aspects of Strategic Product related discussions with our strategic account customers..
• Delivering clear Release & Roadmap Plans to our Strategic Accounts
• Supporting our Sales and Delivery Teams with options for growth and product quality in delivery.
• Developing Excellent relationships with peers within our customers to represent them in our strategic roadmaps
Winner of the Deloitte Best Managed Companies Award (2017 & 2018) Openet provides the solutions and consulting services that enables telecommunication service provider’s fast-track their digital journeys. Our solutions process more than 20 billion events and transactions every day and do this across more than 330 million subscribers for more than 75 service providers worldwide. We deliver the most innovative and high-performance software for these businesses to grow and evolve and we currently partner with 7 out of the 10 largest global telecommunication service providers. Openet is incredibly proud that 11% of global mobile data traffic is enabled using our software.
Employing almost 700 people worldwide, since its foundation in 1999, Openet has been at the forefront of telecoms software development and innovation. Our success is signified by the many long-term relationships we have fostered with the largest, most progressive and demanding operators across the globe. We delight at turning innovation into business value.
OUR CULTURE & VALUES
At Openet we hire people, not just skills. We are looking for people with a love of working collaboratively, focused on continuous learning and excited to be your best. People who thrive in Openet enjoy working in a fast-paced environment, where each day brings different opportunities to do great things; adaptability is hugely important to the way we work. But we are not comfortable with settling and so we demand that everyone in our business challenges and asks why – to be innovative means striving to be better, working smarter and seeing the value in ‘out of the box’ thinking. But why? At Openet we are obsessed with solving with the customer – understanding their problems, working to delight them, considering their success as our success. It’s that simple.
Check out www.openet.com for more information about working @ Openet!
Openet is an equal opportunities employer.