Openet provides Digital BSS to service providers to create value
The Concept Visualisation group consists of a small team of highly-skilled, self-motivated and innovative Engineers with high-profile client-facing roles who regularly interact and liaise with the majority of departments within Openet. They participate and contribute to key stage(s) of the sales process and enjoy high-visibility within Openet.
The role of a Senior Software Engineer (SSE) within the team centers around participation and contribution at and to key points/phases of a Sales, Alliance or Business Development opportunity development and response process, to include the delivery of development initiatives both internally and externally through the presentation of demonstration systems. Demonstrations are presented in conjunction with the Openet’s Sales/Tech Sales teams to customers at their premises, as well as with the Openet Channels and Alliances team, to customers at strategic partner’s premises.
• Working with and mentoring team members to interface with Customers, Tech- Sales, Alliances and partner companies on requirements definition for demos, proof of concept (POC) and trial exercises.
• Preparing and planning small development projects, and driving those plans through to a successful completion.
• Demonstrated ability to manage multiple, time-sensitive projects with competing priorities while working independently to drive projects to completion under very tight deadlines.
• Drive the execution and delivery of demos/POCS from end to end by collaborating with architects, product owners and engineers.
• Presenting Openet product demonstrations both internally and externally.
• Taking a technical lead on proof of concept (POC) exercises on site at customer premises.
• Carrying out research, development and implementation activities using Openet’s full product range.
• Interoperability testing of 3rd party vendor equipment with Openet products.
Leading the delivery of standard and straightforward demonstrations and PoCs (with backup of wider team). This involves taking requirements from the Tech Sales team as well as customers and equipment vendors; and delivering the resultant demos/PoCs on time and to budget.
• Producing requirements, functional and design specifications in the course of implementing solutions.
EXPERIENCE, SKILLS AND KNOWLEDGE INDICATORS FOR THIS ROLE
• Demonstrates an organised, systematic, disciplined and analytical approach to requirements definition, design, and implementation.
• Strong software development experience is called for in this position with an equal emphasis on research into industry related technology and trends.
• Have excellent oral and written communication skills for effective dialogue with customer representatives and with colleagues in Services and other Openet departments.
• Project and Software development lifecycle experience.
• Proficient in design and development of RESTful web services
• Strong Experience in UNIX Operating System – Solaris and HP.
• Experienced project management skills with the ability to work independently across multiple concurrent initiatives in a fast paced environment with evolving priorities.
• Proven record of delivery of products/projects to customers.
• Strong in, at least, one modern programming language such Java or C++
• Bug investigation and resolution
• 5+ years commercial experience required.
Travel might be required: 0 – 10%
NICE TO HAVE
• Experience working with a global software vendor or a global mobile operator
• Knowledge of DevOps tools and methodologies
Computer Science or Software Engineering related Degree is the minimum tertiary level qualification expected for this role.