Openet provides Digital BSS to service providers to create value
Openet requires a senior technical trainer to our User Assistance Department (UAD) within Product Management. The UAD is made up of technical writers and product trainers. The Technical Training department are responsible for ensuring that Openet is in a position to deliver training to its clients, internal employees and partners on ALL versions of the Openet’s Products. The team is responsible for performing a needs analysis and developing training to meet the needs identified for clients, partners and staff.
- Devising technical training programs across the Openet Portfolio for Staff, Partners and Customers
- Determining course content according to objectives to be achieved for internal and external audiences
- Delivering tutor led courses both remotely, for e-learning and for on-site delivery
- Configuring and maintaining environments used in the delivery of the training programs
- Producing training schedules and classroom agenda’s
- Aiding reviews and contributing to the product documentation activity
- Producing training schedules and syllabus
- Team management and mentoring
- Monitoring effectiveness of programs and continuously improving them
- Creation of content for the LinkedIN Learning Management System
- Keeping the content of the Learning Management System up to date with the latest product versions and information form Subject Matter Experts
- Design of Training Courses in line with Training Strategy both for classroom and on-line delivery formats
- Liaise with both Product Engineering Group and Subject Matter Experts for information on new product functionality and skills workshops.
- Development of case studies to re-enforce training concepts.
- Design Course Tests to check for understanding.
- Ensure actions are taken to incorporate feedback from clients into training materials and training delivery
- Receiving knowledge transfer from services engineers with a view to preparing training workshops on the topics transferred.
- Planning of Training Schedule
- Planning of development schedule to ensure Openet is in a position to train customers, partners and staff when new products are released
- Keeping administrative records up to date
- Training Delivery
- Set-up of training room, PC’s, UNIX servers and accounts in preparation for planned training Delivery of
- Technical Training for internal employees, clients and partners
- Delivery of training onsite at client premises according to training schedule.
- Request all candidates to complete training evaluations on all courses attended
- Contribute to the design of training processes.
- Continuous improvement activities relating to training course content, taking into account feedback from customers and input on training requirements from various internal groups in Openet.
- Development of remote learning capabilities to better suit a post pandemic era.
- Design of Training related Templates and Forms
- Please note: Openet’s established client base is worldwide, with course delivery often taking place on site at customer premises. As such, a trainer may be required to spend between 20 and 35% of their time travelling.
- Essential Experience, Skills and Knowledge Indicators Required for this Role
- 5+ years’ experience Technical Training in a software development environment, Telecom background preferred
- Expert knowledge in Learning Management Systems
- Excellent knowledge of Microsoft office
- Experience working with Agile Software development
- Personal Attributes Preferred for this Role
- Excellent analytical skills
- Excellent interpersonal skills
- Excellent time management
- Strong presentation skills
- Excellent Written and Oral Communication Skills
- Excellent Organisational Skills
- Ability to work on own initiative and as part of a Team
- Creative / Adaptable / Flexible and Enquiring
- Ability to Multitask
- Attention to Detail
- Self-Disciplined / Self Starter
- Drive and commitment
Winner of the Deloitte Best Managed Companies Award (2017 & 2018) Openet provides the solutions and consulting services that enables telecommunication service provider’s fast-track their digital journeys. Our solutions process more than 20 billion events and transactions every day and do this across more than 330 million subscribers for more than 75 service providers worldwide. We deliver the most innovative and high-performance software for these businesses to grow and evolve and we currently partner with 7 out of the 10 largest global telecommunication service providers. Openet is incredibly proud that 11% of global mobile data traffic is enabled using our software.
Employing almost 700 people worldwide, since its foundation in 1999, Openet has been at the forefront of telecoms software development and innovation. Our success is signified by the many long-term relationships we have fostered with the largest, most progressive and demanding operators across the globe. We delight at turning innovation into business value.
OUR CULTURE & VALUES
At Openet we hire people, not just skills. We are looking for people with a love of working collaboratively, focused on continuous learning and excited to be your best. People who thrive in Openet enjoy working in a fast-paced environment, where each day brings different opportunities to do great things; adaptability is hugely important to the way we work. We are not comfortable with settling and so we demand that everyone in our business challenges and asks why – to be innovative means striving to be better, working smarter and seeing the value in ‘outside the box’ thinking. But why? At Openet we are obsessed with solving with the customer – understanding their problems, working to delight them, considering their success as our success. It’s that simple.
Check out www.openet.com for more information about working @ Openet!
Openet is an equal opportunities employer.