Openet provides Digital BSS to service providers to create value
Openet is the most innovative provider of Subscriber Optimization Software (SOS) to tier one communications and media service providers. To succeed, today’s operators must know their subscribers, deploy innovative business models and control the allocation of network resources. Openet’s offerings are engineered to attract subscribers and provide an optimal experience, minimize the cost to serve them and maximize revenue – making the most of every subscriber. With customers across the globe, Openet is meeting the needs of operators worldwide such as Vodafone, Orange, AT&T, Verizon, America Móvil and T-Mobile, among others.
The Managed Services and Support group, a member of Delivery & Customer Enablement organization, is responsible for supporting client solutions, which have been built upon Openet’s product suite, including modules such as Mediation, Balance Manager, Policy and Charging, etc. The group acts as the Single Point of Contact (SPoC) for any general inquiries and outage management regarding our solutions.
The Software Engineer role will involve system monitoring and status reporting, call handling, problem analysis, technical troubleshooting, system validation, maintenance activities and crisis management on critical incidents by sustaining clear communication and setting up expectations. The professional may also be involved in deployment activities from specification to post-deployment monitoring and reporting.
• Managed Services (Operations)
o Proactively perform technical/operational tasks on the environments under your responsibility, including administration and monitoring of system performance and resources, housekeeping, backup, interfaces with external systems, etc.o Post-Production Automation (including the development of shell scripts)
o Act as the primary contact for some of our customers regarding Openet Solutions
o Track internal and external queries on open items originating to, or from, Operations
o Problem Diagnosis including debugging of alarms and alerts
o Collect measures and identify trends that indicate system performance and health
o Outage management, providing regular updates to clients on the status of any open issues and manage customers’ expectations in accordance with applicable SLAs
o Escalation of technical issues within Openet as appropriate
o Escalation of critical issues within the customers’ organizations as appropriate
o Operational handover to resources working on different shifts, if applicable on each case
o Track environmental and system changes
o Keep the post-deployment documentation up to date after any changes
o Production/Validation/Execution/Enforcement of Checklists and Guidelines (e.g. MOPs, Ops Guides and further documentation)
o Enforcement of Openet’s and Customer’s quality standards and processes (e.g. Incident / Problem / Change / Configuration / Communication / Information Management, etc.)
o Availability to execute and/or to assist our internal/external customers on the execution of Maintenance Windows. Most times those activities are planned, but unplanned activities shall also be expected (e.g. emergencies). Most non-production-related Maintenance Windows are expected to be executed during business hours, while most production-related Maintenance Windows are typically executed outside normal business hours
o Proactively contribute on the improvement of Managed Services processes and tools.
o Availability to travel in the region on a regular basis if you are requested to do so
o Attendance at Operational Meetings (which can be Daily, Weekly and/or Monthly)
o Communication and follow-up on Operational Issues with other groups
o Prepare articles for the internal Knowledge Base
o Prepare FAQ on common Openet Solution Operations issues
o Understanding of Openet’s Technical Support Policies and Procedures and adherence to same
• Excellent Written and Oral Communication Skills
• Excellent Organizational Skills
• Ability to work on own initiative and as part of a team
• Ability to Multitask / Attention to Detail
• Sense of Ownership
• Relationship Builder
• Committed with Deadlines
KNOWLEDGE AND EXPERIENCE
o Previous experience in Customer Production Operations and/or Support (2-3 years minimum)
o Working knowledge of Linux environment, shell scripting and monitoring tools;
o Familiarity with commands and tools such as tcpdump, WireShark, SoapUI, etc.;
o Working knowledge of Databases and SQL;
o Advanced knowledge of Microsoft Excel;
o Fluency in English;
o Previous experience in a Telco environment;
o Familiarity with languages such as Ruby, Python;
o Understanding of Telco networks and technologies;
o Administration of Linux servers in virtualized environments;
o Installing, configuring, and maintaining services such as JBoss, NGINX, etc.;
o Familiarity with load balancers, firewalls, etc.;
o Knowledge of network configuration and devices;
o Previous interaction with Openet’s Products;
o Operation of Virtualized and/or Containerized and/or Cloud solutions
SPECIFIC PROFESSIONAL SKILLS/COMPETENCIES
• Demonstrated knowledge and experience in telecommunications, multi-media industry.
• Deep understanding and proven track record of design and development methodologies
• Strong technical skills and understanding gained through previous development experience
• Technical, hands-on experience with Unix/Linux Operating Systems, mainly regarding environment administration, process automation and shell script implementation.
• Proactive and customer-oriented behaviour.
• Sense or Ownership: you will be the main point of contact with some of our customers’ engineers and managers, and it is fundamental that they rely on you as their preferred contact;
• Understand the fundamental drivers of the telecommunication, multi-media industry at an operational level, and identify internal and external opportunities to deliver value.
• Strong analytical skills to drill through key metrics and performance drivers;
• Possesses excellent interpersonal communication skills, essential to create and sustain a clear, trustful and respectful relationship with your peers, managers and customers;
• Ability to clearly articulate a vision and positively influence your peers to achieve a common goal.
• Undergraduate degree required; an advanced degree is desirable