Openet provides Digital BSS to service providers to create value
Application Lead Engineer
If you are a passionate technologist whose ambition is to work with people delivering leading-edge solutions, best in class delivery practices and tools and customer-centric solutions for our global customers, then look no further!
Openet’s Digital Business Platform (DBP) is Openet’s Digital B/OSS Solution that helps operators to monetise their network by setting up a new channel or brand to expand their base and attract new customers segments in a matter of weeks instead of months. The Digital Business Platform team is comprised of highly skilled professionals that work closely with our partners in evaluating their technologies, integrating to their solutions, and producing the full end to end journeys that are included within the DBP and offered to our customers. Through our DBP expertise and highly skilled people, we enable our customers to transform their ecosystems to provide a richer experience for their customers.
What is the expertise needed for this opportunity?
The ideal person for our team will be experienced in Outsystems customer solution deliveries, committed to delivering excellent work with excellent people. You will have a relevant Computer Science or Software Engineering related degree and have a curiosity to learn more. You will have experience in strong outsystems application development and process design, and project delivery practices. You will be passionate about digital customer experience and understand how User Experience and Design can impact a full end to end customer journey, by having a proven record of delivery of mobile apps (telecoms industry a plus).
We would love it if:
• At least 4 years’ experience in Outsystems software Design and implementation of web application programming (telecom industry a plus)
• Ensure quality of the product through code analysis, review and testing
• Continuously discover, research, evaluate, and implement new technologies to maximise development efficiency across the team
• Good understanding of solution architecture and design, and web application performance and strong Web application development and process design, development and project delivery, including high-performance web and hybrid mobile applications accessible on a wide variety of browsers and devices
• Have in depth functional and technical knowledge of:
o REST, Html, JS and Arch/DevOps experience is crucial
o User Interface (UI) – Knowledge of implementation considerations for UI technologies such as AngularJS o Service architecture
o Proficiency with at least one programming language: PHP, C# or Java
o OutSystems development experience and certifications are a plus;
o Experience of API and service based architectures using REST APIs, micro-services and utilising JSON for web applications
o Enterprise scale distributed NoSQL solutions such as VoltDB, in-memory databases and caching solutions adopted for globally distributed Digital solutions
o SCM and CI/CD – tools such as GitLab, Jenkins, Git, SonarQube, Performance centre, etc
o Cloud Native Technologies
The impact your role will have
Openet Application Lead Engineer will be responsible for the end customer experience mobile app of the Digital Business Platform. Working alongside his team, the Lead Engineer will act as owner of the mobile app development using Outsystems platform, following web application development best practices, ensuring solution performance and end defined user experience. This Lead Engineer will develop integrations with Openet’s products solutions, as well as partners’ component solutions according to the defined architecture guidelines. He will be fully hands-on, developing, testing and integrating the mobile app to the internal and external systems, as well as executing the necessary big fixing.
The Lead Engineer will work with the User Experience (UX) & Design team to assure the end to end customer journeys are aligned with our design and purpose, being able to recommend modifications to the journey
The Lead Engineer will also drive the product roadmap of the mobile app, combined with the partners’ ecosystems, and ensure the optimum features are made available in order to reduce the cost of deployment and improve the quality of our solutions. Lead Engineer are also responsible for the overall quality of solution deliverables, working closely with our Cloud Studio in the DBP team.
We are keen to bring into the team an experienced Lead Engineer who is passionate about solving complex problems and is eager to take on new problems and share solutions as we push forward with our innovative offerings.
The skills you bring to the team
• Above all else, you can demonstrate excellent oral and written communication skills for effective dialogue with colleagues on a project team and with customers and partners.
• You have previous customer management experience
• Ability to brainstorm enhancement with the partners with the objective of harvesting the already deployed Solutions. Present the benefit and how these will reduce the pain.
• You have a clear ability to set technical priorities and are comfortable making decisions on how best to deliver these;
• An ability to influence key stakeholders and get buy in on technical decisions;
• Positive, solution-focused attitude and you aren’t afraid of a challenge;
• Collaborate effectively in a team and open to exploring all technical design options;
• Ability to drive technical teams through task definition and assignment in conjunction to a Project Manager.
• A burning desire to ‘be your best’ and work in an environment where you can really have an impact.
How your work impacts the organisation
This role sits within the Digital Business Platform team with the Product Management department. Be a part of our journey and #beyourfuture.
Winner of the Deloitte Best Managed Companies Award (2017 & 2018) Openet provides the solutions and consulting services that enables telecommunication service provider’s fast-track their digital journeys. Our solutions process more than 20 billion events and transactions every day and do this across more than 330 million subscribers for more than 75 service providers worldwide. We deliver the most innovative and high-performance software for these businesses to grow and evolve and we currently partner with 7 out of the 10 largest global telecommunication service providers. Openet is incredibly proud that 11% of global mobile data traffic is enabled using our software.
Employing almost 700 people worldwide, since its foundation in 1999, Openet has been at the forefront of telecoms software development and innovation. Our success is signified by the many long-term relationships we have fostered with the largest, most progressive and demanding operators across the globe. We delight at turning innovation into business value.
OUR CULTURE & VALUES
At Openet we hire people, not just skills. We are looking for people with a love of working collaboratively, focused on continuous learning and excited to be your best. People who thrive in Openet enjoy working in a fast-paced environment, where each day brings different opportunities to do great things; adaptability is hugely important to the way we work. But we are not comfortable with settling and so we demand that everyone in our business challenges and asks why – to be innovative means striving to be better, working smarter and seeing the value in ‘out of the box’ thinking. But why? At Openet we are obsessed with solving with the customer – understanding their problems, working to delight them, considering their success as our success. It’s that simple.Check out www.openet.com for more information about working @ Openet!
Openet is an equal opportunities employer.