Openet provides Digital BSS to service providers to create value
Learning & Development at Openet: If you are a passionate L&D professional whose ambition is to work with a diverse range of people across the globe, using best in class practices, then Openet wants to hear from you!
In this global role, you would be responsible for influencing, guiding and providing proactive expertise to business leaders and their teams in the area of Learning and Development, to enable them achieve business goals. You would lead the design, delivery and project management of a broad range of Learning and Development initiatives across the organisation, proactively identifying and implementing learning interventions to improve key skills and engagement, all while promoting a culture of learning within Openet.
What is the expertise needed for this opportunity?
The ideal person for our team will have in-depth experience in a Learning & Development role with a relevant qualification in Learning & Development, Training, Education, Psychology, or HR, and have a curiosity to learn more. You have a proven track record in delivering innovative learning interventions, leveraging up-to-date software and industry knowledge. Acting as a trusted learning consultant to the business, you are comfortable engaging with employees of all levels. You thrive in a team environment and are equally successful working autonomously.
We would love it if:
• You have a clear understanding of current learning technologies and principles, LXP and LMS.
• You possess a working knowledge and application of Instructional Design, Adult Learning Principles, Evaluation Methodologies and Content Curation.
• You have the proven ability to manage multiple projects & conflicting priorities and are comfortable making decisions on how best to deliver these
• You have experience of L&D in a fast paced, global (ideally technology) environment
• You are well versed in content creation (be it in person or online) and in its execution across the business and job levels.
The impact your role will have
• You will manage relationships and influence organisational development and growth opportunities with strong thought leadership and guidance
• Proactively identify opportunities to influence the achievement of organisational goals, partnering with the business to ensure relevance
• Lead the planning, communication and implementation of L&D interventions effectively across the business, incorporating best practice and fresh thinking. Key deliverables for 2020 will include a full Manager Development Programme.
• Ensure that all programmes delivered are high quality, fit for purpose and value for money and plan to demonstrate this.
• Liaise with HR, hiring managers and other stakeholders to enhance and develop new hire Onboarding globally. This will also form part of your key deliverables in 2020.
• Support and mentor individuals and team members as required
• Develop and maintain strong vendor relationships – this is of particular importance with regard to our learning content platform.
• Take ownership of Learning and Development related records and reports, using analytical skills to interpret and present data, in particular to demonstrate any impact and change resulting from development interventions.
• Role model and consistently promote the culture of learning in Openet – owning L&D marketing and communication channels (e.g. newsletter, Learning Portal, learning promotion event)
The skills you bring to the team
• Above all else, you will have positive, solution-focused attitude and you aren’t afraid of a challenge
• Excellent communication (both oral and written) skills, with proficiency in English.
• Effective organisational skills,
• Curiosity to learn, grow, develop new skills and thinking
• Networking, negotiation, influencing, collaborating, presentation, facilitation are all skills needed at different times
How your work impacts the organisation
This role sits within the HR structure, reporting into the Executive Sponsor for HR. As the only Learning & Development professional and the only globally focussed role in HR, you will have a unique impact on learning & skill development across the entire organisation. We are keen to bring into the team someone who is passionate about L&D and is eager to take on new challenges and who will share and deliver on solutions. This role is based in our Dublin office and there is opportunity for flexibility to work remotely at times.
Winner of the Deloitte Best Managed Companies Award (2017 & 2018) Openet provides the solutions and consulting services that enables telecommunication service provider’s fast-track their digital journeys. Our solutions process more than 20 billion events and transactions every day and do this across more than 330 million subscribers for more than 75 service providers worldwide. We deliver the most innovative and high-performance software for these businesses to grow and evolve and we currently partner with 7 out of the 10 largest global telecommunication service providers. Openet is incredibly proud that 11% of global mobile data traffic is enabled using our software.
Employing almost 700 people worldwide, since its foundation in 1999, Openet has been at the forefront of telecoms software development and innovation. Our success is signified by the many long-term relationships we have fostered with the largest, most progressive and demanding operators across the globe. We delight at turning innovation into business value.
OUR CULTURE & VALUES
At Openet we hire people, not just skills. We are looking for people with a love of working collaboratively, focused on continuous learning and excited to be your best. People who thrive in Openet enjoy working in a fast-paced environment, where each day brings different opportunities to do great things; adaptability is hugely important to the way we work. But we are not comfortable with settling and so we demand that everyone in our business challenges and asks why – to be innovative means striving to be better, working smarter and seeing the value in ‘out of the box’ thinking. But why? At Openet we are obsessed with solving with the customer – understanding their problems, working to delight them, considering their success as our success. It’s that simple.
Check out www.openet.com for more information about working @ Openet!
Openet is an equal opportunities employer.