Sparktel Recruitment have teamed up with a leading utilities and power lines contractor to hire Chargehand Linesman (PICW). We are seeking experienced professionals who are authorised to work on the ESB Network or the NIE Network. The role will be based in the north-west of the country and will have the opportunity to progress your career within a well-established contractor.
- Leading a team of 2 or 3 linesmen
- Maintenance work on the overhead lines
- Contract, install, maintain and repair high voltage cabling
- Climbing poles using both clamping gear and spikes
- Adhere to the companies Health & Safety policies
- Work on both HV & LV lines
- Using testing equipment to carry out live wire checks.
- Reporting back on works completed
- You will have relevant experience working on Overhead Networks
- Current DNO Senior Authorisation would also be beneficial
- People who lead by example.
- People willing to participate and advise management on technical matters.
- A team player
- A C license would also be beneficial
- A MEWPS license
What’s on offer:
- 21 days holidays plus all public bank holidays.
- Permanent contract
- Access to a company vehicle
- Guaranteed 50 hours a week, 39 basic and 11 overtime ( time + half)
- Daily subs of €40.
- Extensive opportunity to gain internal promotions to become a crew leader to site supervisor and on to management
- Sponsored training courses to obtain various work licences and accreditation