Our client is a leading provider or infrastructure services to the telecoms industry across Ireland. Due to the recent awarding of a wireless maintenance and upgrade framework contract in Ireland, the team are seeking to hire permanent Telecommunication Technicians and Engineers from the Wireless Telecoms industry. In Ireland these engineers are referred to as Riggers. There is an excellent package on offer as well as full relocation support to Ireland. This includes flights, accommodation for 3 months, housing assistance, full social security and tax set up as well as conversion training to allow you to work on Irish sites
You will join the company on a permanent basis where by you will join the national wireless team. The teams are 3 in total and depending on experience you will either act as an integrator, lead rigger or a junior rigger. You will be involved in new build, refurbishment as well as general maintenance of tower sites. You will survey sites, install as well as dismantle equipment. You will be expected to work at heights and report on all completed activities using handheld mobile devices.
Key duties and responsibilities:
- Work as part of project teams on the national 5G roll out for Ireland as well as
- Install and removal of telecoms equipment from masts, towers, rooftops and pylons.
- Running, earthing and testing of feeder as well as fibre optic cabling.
- Inspection and testing of equipment
- Surveying and planning works.
Required Education, Skills and Qualifications
- Previous experience of working with Huawei equipment is essential .
- Minimum 2 years experience of working on wireless network infrastructure
- Good practical understanding of Radio Frequency radiation issues working on or near buildings, structures, or telecoms masts.
- Comfortable at climbing and some training in MEWP’s – able to work at heights
- First Aid training and experienced in assessing risks and hazards.
- Able to adhere to relevant health and safety regulations
- Basic standard of English for a Rigger but good English for a Team Leader.
- Able to use a handheld device (iPad etc and mobile phone)
- Drivers License
- €120 to €170 per day. (€3,300 to €4000) per month before tax
- Guaranteed 5 or 6 days
- Time and a half paid on Saturday, double time paid on Sunday
- Permanent role
- 3 months free accommodation provided.
- 1 return flight provided each year. Please note you must pay for your first flight
- Full support for tax and social security number as well as set up.
- 24 days holidays per year
- 5 or 6 days per week – unlimited
- Access to a vehicle for each team
- All equipment and work clothes, safety boots etc