Sparktel recruitment is looking to hire a Senior Health & Safety Manager for our client who specialises in utilities. You will be responsible for developing & implementing Health & Safety strategy across all of Ireland, reflecting the companies values of Health & Safety. The role is based in the companies head office in Dublin but will also require some travel to their offices in Northern Ireland
- Delivering strategic goals for Health & Safety Management throughout the Division.
- Promote companies Health & Safety vision and values to internal and external stakeholders.
- Assist Operational & Divisional functions in the delivery of Health & Safety requirements.
- Work closely with the Group functions on delivering key Corporate initiatives, developing and implementing within the Division
- Develop, deliver and maintain Health & Safety management including audit development & regimes.
- Provide specialist advice for Health & Safety activities for the Division in order to meet current legislation.
- Determine, foster and maintain key relationships with key internal & external stakeholders
- Investigate significant Health & Safety incidents, reporting and coordinating actions to prevent reoccurrences.
- Develop and coordinate investigations, including development of internal senior investigators
- Train health & safety staff to perform their duties to the best of their ability.
- Promote and manage any behavioural programmes throughout the Health & Safety department.
- Review HSEQT performance throughout the Division, developing necessary reports to the HSEQT Director & Managing Director
- Degree in Occupational Health & Safety (Preferably CMIOSH)
- Experience in telecommunications, utilities or a construction background.
- 2-4 years as a Senior HSEQT Manager or similar developing strategy for HSEQ functions in organisations
- Positive “can do attitude”
- Methodical & able to follow through, even for small matters
- Good communicator at all levels
- Ability to work on own initiative and deliver key objectives
- Able to work under pressure
- Competitive Salary on Offer
- 23 days holidays
- Excellent accessible location just off M50
- Phone, laptop provided.