If you are looking for stable employment and long-term work, we want to hear from you!
Sparktel, Specialist Recruiter’s for the telecoms industry have partnered with one of the largest utilities companies in the UK and Ireland and are looking to hire Experienced Poling Crews on a permanent basis with direct contracts available. You will have the opportunity to work on some of the largest, long-term projects across the UK. We are looking for people with various levels of experience along with ‘ready-to-go’ crews. You will be joining a rapidly growing company working on the fixed-line telecoms network.
As a Poling Crew member, you will work in a 3-man gang and report to the site/field manager. You will be responsible for working on the fixed-line network carrying out the following duties:
- Removing, repairing and erecting telegraph poles to support the fixed-line network.
- Ensure all work is planned correctly in line with the companies Health & Safety standards.
- Use poling trucks and other equipment to carry out your duties.
- Carry out some basic jointing and hanging of cable as required.
- Working at heights to ensure cables are disconnected and connected correctly and in line with company & customer standards.
- Cary out some light civils work for digging out and backfilling/reinstating around newly erected poles.
- Carry out traffic management at each site.
- Follow design schematics on a hand-held device.
- Maintain records and daily work logs, data recording and updating network maps.
- Provide a high standard of Health & Safety for fellow workers, the public and site visitors.
- Other duties as required by supervisor.
The successful candidates with be joining a dynamic and successful company which offers great scope to build and develop your career within the utilities industry.
Each crew must comprise of the following tickets:
- CE driving licence.
- 1 member to have experience using a poling truck.
- 1 crew member to have some basic jointing experience, an advantage.
- Valid NRSWA accreditation.
- Each member to have a valid NOPS card.
- Valid IPAF ticket, an advantage.
- Experience working with Traffic Management [SLG].
- Experience working at heights in challenging environments.
Required Education, Skills and Qualifications
- Previous experience working on FTTB and/or FTTP projects.
- A knowledge of the Road Network in the UK.
- A willingness to learn new skills.
- Hardworking with a positive attitude/strong work ethic.
- Ability to work as part of a team and on your own initiative.
- Experience using hand-held devices such as an iPad/smartphone.
What’s on offer:
- Permanent and direct contract.
- Excellent weekly salary.
- 24 days holidays + 9 Public Holidays.
- Access to company vehicles.
- High volume and density of work available.
- Equipment, tools and PPE provided.
- Accommodation provided if required to work outside a designated radius of work.
- Sponsored training courses to obtain various work licences and accreditations as required.
- Extensive opportunity to progress and move up the career ladder within a stable and growing industry.