B2B Pre – Sales Engineer, Virgin Media Ireland, Dublin
About Virgin Media:
Virgin Media is the leading connected entertainment cable and broadcast business in Ireland. Every day we deliver connections that really matter for Irish Consumers and Businesses with multi award-winning services including broadband, TV, mobile and home phone. Our Virgin Media Business division provides the fastest broadband speeds and connectivity solutions for entrepreneurs, businesses and the public sector.
Virgin Media Television, our broadcast division, is Ireland’s number one commercial broadcaster offering three free-to-air channels: Virgin Media One, Virgin Media Two, Virgin Media Three, as well as the Virgin Media Player. We are a significant investor in home produced content, including news, current affairs and drama, as well as offering the best in international programming. Virgin Media Sport and our 6 Extra Sport channels offer extensive sports coverage across the UEFA Champions League and the UEFA Europa League. Our advertising sales agency, Virgin Media Solutions, creates unique, innovative campaigns for our business and for third party clients across the UK and Ireland.
Virgin Media is part of Liberty Global, one of the world’s leading converged video, broadband and communications companies, with operations in six European countries.
For further information please visit: www.virginmedia.ie
About the Role:
An exciting opportunity has arisen to work as a Pre-Sales engineer within the B2B division of Virgin media. The Role primarily is to provide technical consultancy / presales support to both new and existing customers. Responding to tenders with solid technical solutions that are deliverable and commercially assured. All designs fully documented and BOM created.
Specific Duties & Tasks:
- Have a deep technical understanding of Virgin Medias suite of Business Products across the various sectors.
- Document customer requirements and create a detailed design Pack, which includes the complete bill of materials.
- Collaborate with multiple stakeholders through solutions sale cycle.
- Assist the Product & Marketing team on the introduction of new products to the market place.
- Leveraging a sound technical consultant skill set, build relationships with clients in support of the Sales team.
- Provide technical consultancy/ pre-sales support of bids for specified sales opportunities
- Assist the sales team in qualifying the prospective client’s suitability for solution offerings
- To assist in the ongoing competitiveness and profitability of the Business
- Creation & review of technical marketing collateral
- Strive to provide new innovative services and solutions, and refinement of the existing portfolio
- To foster and promote an environment of mutual trust, respect and dignity in the workplace
Skills & Expertise:
- Degree in Electronics, IT, Computing or other relevant qualification
- Minimum of 4 years’ experience in a technical presales role or network design experience for a service
- Provider/ Operator /Network integrator
- Technical knowledge and understanding of data, voice, internet and Cloud services in the telecoms market with a strong emphasis on IP routing.
- Familiarity with Cisco CLI. Cisco certification preferred (CCNA, CCDA, CCNP)
- Experience and knowledge using network management software/ platforms
- Experience working with a min of 4 of the following; Fibre, fixed wireless (Radio), Wi-Fi, PDH/SDH, CWDM/DWDM, Layer2 / Layer3, MPLS, Voice PRA & SIP Trunking, Security/firewalls, Cloud environment (MS Azure, AWS & Goole Cloud), SD-WAN
- Strong communication skills both verbal & written
- First class problem solving skills who gets to the heart of the matter
- The ability to communicate effectively and efficiently with the business and customers
- A ‘team player’ who can lead by example and inspire others on a daily basis
- Ability to work in a fast paced environment and embrace change
- High attention to detail, someone who cares about quality in everything they do
- A methodical approach to both daily tasks and project work
- Explores opportunities by being resourceful and self-motivating
Virgin Media is an equal opportunities employer. Having a diverse workforce is critical to the success of our business
Join and you’ll be part of the Virgin Media family. You can trust us to do the right thing by you. We’re a great place to work – and we offer impressive benefits too. Get ready for a generous holiday allowance, contributory pension and of course, discounts on our fantastic mobile, broadband and cable.