Director of Consumer, Virgin Media Ireland, Dublin
About Virgin Media:
Virgin Media is the leading connected entertainment cable and broadcast business in Ireland. Every day we deliver connections that really matter for Irish Consumers and Businesses with multi award-winning services including broadband, TV, mobile and home phone. Our Virgin Media Business division provides the fastest broadband speeds and connectivity solutions for entrepreneurs, businesses and the public sector.
Virgin Media Television, our broadcast division, is Ireland’s number one commercial broadcaster offering three free-to-air channels: Virgin Media One, Virgin Media Two, Virgin Media Three, as well as the Virgin Media Player. We are a significant investor in home produced content, including news, current affairs and drama, as well as offering the best in international programming. Virgin Media Sport and our 6 Extra Sport channels offer extensive sports coverage across the UEFA Champions League and the UEFA Europa League. Our advertising sales agency, Virgin Media Solutions, creates unique, innovative campaigns for our business and for third party clients across the UK and Ireland.
Virgin Media is part of Liberty Global, one of the world’s leading converged video, broadband and communications companies, with operations in six European countries.
For further information please visit: www.virginmedia.ie
About the Role:
We are looking for an experienced Consumer Director to add value to our growth activities by identifying new commercial opportunities. The goal is to promote and expand the company’s commercial activity that will generate revenues and lead to sustainable growth. In this role, you will be responsible for planning and executing sales, marketing and proposition activities that will meet pre-determined targets and increase our market share.
You will be a critical member of our leadership team as we continue growth on our footprint across our connectivity and entertainment portfolios. The ideal candidate will have an entrepreneurial mindset, great leadership skills and also be a creative strategist with excellent organizational abilities. The successful candidate will meet our customer acquisition and revenue growth objectives by developing key growth sales strategies, tactics and action plans.
Specific Duties & Tasks:
- Develop and implement commercial strategies according to company goals and objectives aiming to accelerate growth
- Accountable for all daily, weekly, monthly sales trading across telesales, online & direct sales
- Proposition and promotional roadmap that supports the trading environment with accountability for the promotional discount budget
- Online development to drive commercial benefit case in line with company digital strategic direction
- Create short, medium and long term brand and marketing plans that both support the trading environment and the longer term brand health of the business
- Transformation of direct & digital marketing and customer marketing activities across marketing technology, data and campaign management
- Use available data to accurately forecast sales and set appropriate performance goals
- Develop an operating budget for the sales division that meets business goals
Skills & Expertise:
- Bachelor’s degree in Sales, Business Administration, Marketing or equivalent experience, Master’s degree preferred
- Minimum five years’ experience as a people leader in a busy Sales/Marketing dept
- Proven experience in sales and marketing with solid knowledge of performance reporting and financial/budgeting processes
- Experience working in a digital and technology environment and making strategic data led decisions
- Previous experience in senior sales role with demonstrated ability to meet or exceed targets
- Ability to manage commercial transformation by taking calculates commercial risks
- Commercial awareness partnered with a strategic and results focused mindset
- A strategic, forward thinking individual who enjoys a fast paced environment
- An inspiring people leader with outstanding communication and interpersonal skills
- First class problem solving skills who gets to the heart of the matter
- The ability to communicate effectively and efficiently with the business while ascertaining the key impact/detail behind the issue/request
- High attention to detail, someone who cares about quality in everything they do
Virgin Media is an equal opportunities employer. Having a diverse workforce is critical to the success of our business
Join and you’ll be part of the Virgin Media family. You can trust us to do the right thing by you. We’re a great place to work – and we offer impressive benefits too. Get ready for a generous holiday allowance, contributory pension and of course, discounts on our fantastic mobile, broadband and cable.