Virgin Media is the leading connected entertainment cable and broadcast business in Ireland. Every day we deliver connections that really matter for Irish Consumers and Businesses with multi award-winning services including broadband, TV, mobile and home phone. Our Virgin Media Business division provides the fastest broadband speeds and connectivity solutions for entrepreneurs, businesses and the public sector.
Virgin Media Television, our broadcast division, is Ireland’s number one commercial broadcaster offering three free-to-air channels: Virgin Media One, Virgin Media Two, Virgin Media Three, as well as the Virgin Media Player. We are a significant investor in home produced content, including news, current affairs and drama, as well as offering the best in international programming. Virgin Media Sport and our 6 Extra Sport channels offer extensive sports coverage across the UEFA Champions League and the UEFA Europa League. Our advertising sales agency, Virgin Media Solutions, creates unique, innovative campaigns for our business and for third party clients across the UK and Ireland.
Virgin Media is part of Liberty Global, one of the world’s leading converged video, broadband and communications companies, with operations in six European countries.
For further information please visit: www.virginmedia.ie
About the Role:
To take a lead role within CPE Engineering team focussed on delivering best in market STB and DTV products to VM IE customers. The person will be highly experienced, motivated, energetic and results driven. Main responsibilities will be to lead the test management/execution, test automation and operational support of STB and DTV CPE devices within VM IE product portfolio. They will take the initiative in producing test effort estimates and producing test plans while also finalising test exit reports. Increasing the level of automation and reducing manual test execution coverage while also maintaining lab environment setup will be key in this role.
Specific Tasks/ Duties:
- Black box testing of STB devices in delivery of VM Horizon360 TV product
- Functional and regression testing within 6 week release cycles
- Manual execution of test cases across STB platform and APPs.
- Triaging of new issues/bugs and tracking of existing issues.
- Participate in daily standup/web meetings to report progress on testing and bug tracking and verification
- Responsible for the installation, configuration and maintenance of test environments setup
- To drive the introduction of automated testing to reduce manual test execution effort. Take ownership of current setup and deliver PoC and introduction into test cycle.
- Educated to Degree level in an Engineering /Technical related discipline, or an equivalent combination of training and experience
- A minimum 5 years’ experience in a software/hardware testing with a good knowledge of the software development life cycle.
- Previous experience working within a Cable Operator with a good understanding of SetTopBox and DTV testing methodologies.
- Skilled in the creation of manual test cases, producing test plans and test execution.
- Good understanding of test and issue management tools (Jira, Confluence)
- Strong experience in test automation strategy and tools development
- Strong experience in scripting (BASH, SHELL, PYTHON)
- Good knowledge of networking tools (e.g.: should know about TCP dumps and tools like Wireshark or similar)
- Good experience with log and data files analysis and associated tools
- Strong written and verbal communications skills and experience creating high quality presentations
- A high level of organisational ability.
Virgin Media is an equal opportunities employer. Having a diverse workforce is critical to the success of our business.
Join and you’ll be part of the Virgin Media family. You can trust us to do the right thing by you. We’re a great place to work – and we offer impressive benefits too. Get ready for a generous holiday allowance, contributory pension and of course, discounts on our fantastic mobile, broadband and cable.