At Virgin Media, we’ve got a very different way of looking at the world – and it shows in what we’re like as a place to work. We think work should be fun – because fun is what our customers demand from our services. So you’ll be joining a bunch of people who are free-spirited, capable of coming up with their own ideas, and given free rein to put their talents to their best use. But besides being all about fun, we’re also deadly serious when it comes to putting our customers first! Whether it’s TV, mobile, home phone or super-fast broadband services, at Virgin Media Ireland we’re 110% focused on making our customers lives easier, richer and a little bit more fun.
It’s not a nine-to-five, clock in and tune out sort of place. And there’s no corporate mask to put on at the door – you can just be yourself. We’re hard working, but in it together. Creating something special. Because let’s face it. If you don’t love what you do, it’s time to do something else. Join us.
About the Role:
An expert in work force management and contact centre planning practices, processes and technologies, the Workforce Planning Manager drives the delivery of the Contact Strategy, working with stakeholders throughout Virgin Media Ireland to develop the demand planning process. Key stakeholder in contact reduction plans in a multi-channel and multi-disciplinary contact centre. You will own the budgeting, re-forecasting and performance management for VMI contact centres and onshore/offshore BPOs. The Workforce Planning Manager will be responsible for ensuring baseline management for all budget, business case, operational readiness and enterprise delivery models.
This role aligns the company’s business plan with their workforce. It is also the manager’s duty to address workforce issues within the company and predict future issues that they may face.
Partner with HR on workforce planning, system and process to ensure ongoing engagement with business leaders.
Evaluate methods, resources, and develop the strategies to deliver high quality talent to the business on time. Sources could include direct labour, internal talent pools, staff augmentation via contingent workers, temporary/contract employees, outsourcing
Specific Tasks/ Duties:
- The Workforce Planning Manager will drive the continuous improvement of a standard suite of long term forecasting customer demand models verses actual performance.
- This role plans the operational forecasts and provides reconciliation of our captive contact centres and BPOs to ensure commercial delivery to agreed contractual targets, service levels and budget performance.
- Lead & support the development of the contact strategy, call demand and FTE plan for the annual budget and long range plans and bi-yearly re-forecast processes
- Prepare, present and deliver call demand and FTE budget / forecast to ensure service is protected and where needed, the implementation of service recovery initiatives
- Evolve the Planning function to consider all VM Operational capacity at each touchpoint of Customer journey.
- Ensure all enterprise planning supports the VM drive to Digital strategy.
- Lead the re-forecasting cycle, focused on identifying efficiency into the existing process including long term planning activities with our BPO partners to deliver contractual service levels
- Ensure standardisation of the existing budget reporting structure and the development of meaningful budgetary and operational KPIs
- Provide detailed variance analysis and highlight / investigate any significant variances to planned performance
- Embed across the business, robust operational readiness delivery ethos aligned to the budget assumptions, underpinned by well understood contingency assumptions and operational performance analysis
- Carry-out independent reconciliation and ad-hoc auditing of invoices from third party outsource partners to ensure accuracy and insight on operational performance
- Fully engaged and working closely with our BPO partner teams, you will oversee best in class planning and forecasting processes, systems and compliance
- Demonstrate appropriate balance of challenge and support with stakeholders/partners in business performance and process adherence
- Support any business case preparation / operational readiness contingency planning for changes in operations or commercial management of our third party contracts
- Any other reasonable activities required in the delivery of VMI business
- Deliver forecasts and capacity plans to enable the timely and on-going recruitment and training of appropriately skilled staff across all Operations areas to ensure customer demand is met
- Responsibility that the nature of the information being provided is understood by the recipients, continually adding value to the high performance culture
- Lead and personally undertake “what if” scenario modelling and impact assessments in accordance with specified requirements
- Third level qualification in business related field required or the equivalent 10 years professional working experience at management level in this field.
- Excellent interpersonal, people management and organisational skills
- Must have minimum 5 years professional work experience in a workforce management discipline or in call centre operations environment with experience of enterprise scheduling and forecasting tools and systems
- You will have a proven track record of designing, re-engineering and implementing a robust contact demand, FTE and contact centre SLA budgeting and forecasting processes, within a dynamic and consumer led environment at functional and enterprise levels.
- Proven experience across all types of Operational Customer Contact including Voice, Digital, Back Office Transactions, Truck Rolls.
- Experience of planning for onshore, nearshore and offshore operations is an advantage.
- Experience of multiple planning and commercial models, FTE, line adherence, transactional, risk and reward.
- Demonstrated proficiency in statistics, complex data sets and/or forecasting methodologies with an understanding of their financial and operational impacts
- You will have experience in leading business demand management activities, preferably in the media environment
- You will have strong analytical skills, unwavering attention to detail and problem solving skills. You enjoy working with statistics and have a strong track record in bringing commercial clarity and insight to data
- Ability to work alongside senior management at all levels within the business and external service providers / third party partners. Will contribute and influence senior managers using your insights and data; is an independent thinker with the desire to drive results together.
- Advanced Excel, reporting and presentation preparation skills as well as being a proficient/expert user of Microsoft Office tools and other relevant technical data tools.
- Ability to objectively assess performance, define improvements and implement change
- Experienced in the development/implementation of Contact Centre systems: Totalview IEX, Cisco (onshore), Avaya (offshore).
Virgin Media is an equal opportunities employer. Having a diverse workforce is critical to the success of our business.
Join and you’ll be part of the Virgin Media family. You can trust us to do the right thing by you. We’re a great place to work – and we offer impressive benefits too. Get ready for a generous holiday allowance, contributory pension and of course, discounts on our fantastic mobile, broadband and cable.