National Broadband Ireland (NBI) will be the designer, builder and operator of the ultrafast broadband network for rural Ireland. It was established by Granahan McCourt (GMC), an international investor in technology, media and telecommunications with 30 years of experience partnering with governments, corporations and people to drive development of communications infrastructure.
NBI has presented its vision for world-class, gigabit-speed broadband for every home, farm, school and business in areas of the country which are not fully served by commercial operators (the “Intervention Area”). National Broadband Ireland will supply broadband to the one quarter of Irish people and premises which currently cannot access high-speed broadband through commercial services. It guarantees a level playing field for 1.1 million people, 540,000 premises including 100,000 businesses and farms, and over 600 schools.
Key Objectives / Accountabilities:
NBI is looking for smart and enthusiastic Network Operations Centre Engineers who want to jump in head-first and help build a mission-driven company from the ground up. You will be trained to operate and maintain starte of the art fibre to the home network infrastructure.
You are comfortable with a constantly changing environment. You are detail oriented and you love process, efficiency and excellent service. A natural fixer, you will directly contribute to the building of a state of the art operations capability through your attention to detail, ability to solving challenging technical problems and ability to develop a strong relationship with our customer support teams as well as co-ordinating our internal subject matter experts and 3rd party contractors who will deliver network maintenance and repair services.
You will work with a diverse team of people with operations and IT expertise and you will contribute to the definition and documentation of key processes that ensure measurable criteria for automation and continuous improvement.
· Monitoring and managing the day to day operation of NBI Network infrastructure, ensuring that events are handled appropriately.
· Liaising with Wholesale Customer Operations and customers to resolve enquiries and complaints.
· Provide immediate technical support and investigation to reported issues, ensuring that these issues are investigated thoroughly, in a timely manner.
· Tracking faults on occurrence, following through to resolution.
· Maintain and manage maintenance schedules for NBI network, including running daily, weekly, monthly and annual network maintenance processes
· Look for trends in network data for preventative and proactive problem resolution
· Remote acceptance of new network elements into the network, ensuring documentation is up to date including but not limited to element acceptance tests, site contacts, element documentation suite.
· Manage the tracking and escalation of incidents and complete root cause analysis
· Control network access, planned interventions and ensure adherence to key network management processes and procedures.
· Manage the performance of 3rd party contractors who will deliver network maintenance services.
· Work with business stakeholders and IT to ensure the quality of documentation and ability to measure and manage the performance of the network to stringent KPI’s.
· Contribute to an open team culture of excellence, efficiency and continuous improvement
Knowledge & Experience:
We are looking for a mix of experienced and graduate candidates. The Ideal candidates will have some or all of:
· 3rd level qualification in engineering, IT, physics or similar
· 2-3 years experience in and telecom or IT operations environment
· Excellent understanding of telecom and IP networking
· Excellent attention to detail
· Excellent written and oral communication, reporting and presentation skills
· Excellent relationship skills with a stong focus on exemplary service
· Excellent analytical and problem solving skills
· Excellent ambassador for NBI, promoting the organisation and role modelling NBI’s values.
· Excellent Microsoft Office or G-Suite skills
Coaching & Development
Influencing & Winning Commitment
Oral & Written Communication