National Broadband Ireland (NBI) will be the designer, builder and operator of the ultrafast broadband network for rural Ireland. It was established by Granahan McCourt (GMC), an international investor in technology, media and telecommunications with 30 years of experience partnering with governments, corporations and people to drive development of communications infrastructure.
NBI has presented its vision for world-class, gigabit-speed broadband for every home, farm, school and business in areas of the country which are not fully served by commercial operators (the “Intervention Area”). National Broadband Ireland will supply broadband to the one quarter of Irish people and premises which currently cannot access high-speed broadband through commercial services. It guarantees a level playing field for 1.1 million people, 540,000 premises including 100,000 businesses and farms, and over 600 schools.
Key Objectives / Accountabilities:
The purpose of this role is to support the Delivery Manager in proactively managing the relationship with one or more Network Build Contractors to ensure timely delivery of the National Broadband Plan network roll out programme. The role will ensure work of the delivery team is carried out in a controlled tracked and structure manner to ensure efficiently and the optimisation of team effort to meet the needs of the roll out plan. The role will ensure that the compliance, reporting and liaison requirements of the programme office are implemented effectively in the delivery team. Workflow organisation and fluidity within the delivery team and within the engaged contractor organisation to meet the programme office schedules will be crucial.
· Contractor delivery schedule
· Ready for Service Plan and forecast
· QA programme
· Work Progress Tracking, (commitment, progress and accruals)
· Materials reconciliation
· Project Delivery reports
· Liaise with programme manager/capital control/ delivery manager to plan and organise workload for completion by Contractor.
· Oversee an ambitious delivery programme of OLT’s on a National Basis using an outsourced service provider
· Develop and manage contractor production plan to meet workload and deliverable timelines
· Implement a structured contractor supervision process.
· Proactively manage the prioritisation and completion of jeopardy works elements.
· Ensure all work is released for the contractor in a timely and efficient manner by the programme executives.
· Liaise with Procurement Division to identify and resolve any materials availability issues.
· Support the programme manager with timely reports on performance on work completion to aid forecasting, capital planning etc.
· Ensure all appropriate As-built inventory records are submitted to the design manager in a timely manner
· Encourage responsiveness in the Contractor community and drive response to changing business needs and priorities.
· Deliver accurate and timely material forecasts to the Procurement Manager.
· Support the Permits manager and include work fluidity in the management process.
· Continuously seek out new initiatives, ideas, system developments or process changes that are targeted at improving organisation performance and delivery of orderly build projects.
· Proactively manage stakeholders to ensure the continuing success and reputation of the business.
Knowledge & Experience:
· Experience in operational management roles essential
· 5 Years’ experience in a Field operations technical role.
· Experience in Active Equipment Deployment and advantage .
· Good Knowledge of Optical Line Termination units
· Knowledge Of Nokia Active Equipment an advantage .
· Experience of working in Co location sites / Exchanges an advantage.
· Experience in large Utility Infrastructure contract delivery, preferably telecommunications.
· Experience of operational process in an accredited environment (ISO, etc.) and advantage
· Project management qualification an advantage.
· Strong problem-solving capability with a “can-do” attitude
· Proven ability to respond well to change and maintain flexibility while keeping focus on objectives
· Strong team player
· Excellent ambassador for NBI, promoting the organisation and role modelling NBI’s values.
Coaching & Development
Oral & Written Communication
Influencing & Winning Commitment
For more Information on National Broadband Ireland please visit: