The National Broadband Plan (NBP) is the largest ever telecommunications project undertaken by the Irish State. It aims to radically transform the country’s broadband landscape through the delivery of quality, affordable high-speed broadband to all parts of Ireland where such services are not available commercially.
The NBP will ensure that all people and businesses in the Intervention Area have access to a modern and reliable broadband network, capable of supporting the communications, information, education and entertainment requirements of current and future generations.
The network will be designed, built and operated by National Broadband Ireland, using a combination of State subsidy and commercial investment. It will make its services available to all of the rollout area, which accounts for 23% of the population in about approximately 537,000 homes, farms, schools and businesses.
Key Objectives / Accountabilities:
The purpose of the role is to ensure that network design is carried out in adherence to design, job pack and quality criteria. To monitor design contractor field resource quality compliance against the Design Manager’s standards through in-progress and retrospective inspections. To monitor compliance by the contracted design resources with job pack standards. The role will also support the Design Manager in the generation of the Design input packs for each deployment area and oversee data handover to the nominated contract resource.
· Network Detailed Design Input Work Packs for supply to the Design contractor
· Quality Assurance Plan
· Detailed Design pack delivery for the passive Access network to meet programme schedule
· Design compliance oversight.
· Deviation for design governance during build phase.
· Oversee and QA the Implementation the Network Design Principles by contractors
· Manage the relationship with design contractors to deliver Network Detailed Work Plans and Packs to support timely execution of the build process and the network deployment programme.
· Apply the network Architecture compliance checks on contractor produced detailed designs.
· Manage the delivery of Design requirements to meet the NBI deployment Programme Director’s plan
· Oversee the implementation of the network Design Quality Assurance and acceptance testing.
· Ensure compliance with Health and Safety obligations by contracted design operatives.
· Oversee compliance with environmental and ecological compliance plan.
· Work with the Regional Design Manager to develop and deliver cohesive delivery schedule.
· Support the Regional Design manager to Implement the Departmental Authorisation to proceed process.
· Support the Network Deployment Infrastructure Access manager with timely delivery of access request packs.
Knowledge & Experience:
· 3 + years experience in the production of Fibre Access Network Detailed designs
· Knowledge of operation of an ISO accredited environment
· Experience of Quality Assurance and Quality management systems essential.
· Experience of telecommunications network construction principles essential.
· Experience of permit and wayleave process and requirements.
· Ability to manage time and deal with multiple complex problems at once
· High levels of flexibility, willingness to learn and develop individually and as a team
· Ability to successfully supervise external partners/vendors
· Demonstrates flexibility and willingness to do what it takes to get the job done
· Excellent ambassador for NBI, promoting the behavioural and role modelling trains to proponent NBI’s values.
· Agrees performance expectations with manager coach when assigned tasks
· Makes day to day plans to ensure targets and deadlines are consistently met
· Manages own time and efforts to achieve agreed goals and objectives
· Demonstrates commitment to achieving results, persisting in the face of obstacles and putting in additional effort as required
· Finds alternative ways to complete work when obstacles arise
· Looks for areas of improvement in own immediate area of responsibility
· Develops methods or approaches to achieve objectives more effectively and efficiently
· Interprets available information, recognising when further input or advice is needed
· Uses standard processes/methods to analyse routine information
· Chooses the best course of action based on the information available, checking with others if uncertain
· Understands the critical details / issues in own work
· Focuses energy on the priority activities in own role
· Develops personal goals in line with the team’s objectives
· Acts as a role model for company values; sets an example for colleagues.
Coaching & Development
· Regularly reviews personal development plans
· Encourages and provides support to peers
· Displays a high level of energy and enthusiasm in work and when dealing with customers
· Is a reliable, helpful and co-operative team member
· Builds positive working relationships with peers and actively contributes to a pleasant working environment
Oral & Written Communication
· Is aware of corporate standards for communication
· Communicates / presents information comfortably to people at all levels.
· Is aware of own strengths and limitations in dealings with others, and plays to own abilities
· Always takes an interest in people and shows consideration for others’ perspectives, beliefs and feelings.
Influencing & Winning Commitment
· Identifies the situations in which it is appropriate to offer own opinion and prepares a point of view
· Considers the options and alternatives on which own opinion might be sought
· Persuades and convinces others using fact, logic and concrete examples
For more Information on National Broadband Ireland please visit: